Friday, February 01, 2008

Hear me roar

Today when I got home from work I got out my brand new electric lawn mower and mowed my front lawn. Then I trimmed the edges and raked up the enormous mound of leaves around the liquidambar tree. I hate that tree. Anyway, then I raked and swept the driveway and sidewalk. The front yard doesn't look squeaky pristine but it oughta keep the neighbors from worrying about me lowering their property values. It didn't take me that long and once these trees stop dropping so many leaves the job should go quicker. Right now my back is squawking "WTF???".

But it's done. I love that mower. I do need to remember to use an orange extension cord instead of the dark green one. I'm sure you can guess why. While I was out there my across the street neighbor came running up to meet me. Lindsay had told me about a chat she had with her and she said she was very enthusiastic and nice. She was. She thinks it's way cool that we share the same last name. Her name is Christine.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to get as much out of storage as possible. I've got to get my expenses down and having two units is costing too much.

Ah, it's the weekend. Now that I'm a working stiff I can say stuff like that. Ahh... Uke group on Sunday. I'm going to try to stop by Bruce's Super Bowl party. Gotta make some artichoke dip.

6 comments:

vivage said...

Isn't it nice to be able to say, Yay it's Friday? Nicer to be able to say, what the hell day is it today because one is off every day but working during the week sure does make you happy for the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Your neighbor's name is also Smith? What are the odds???

--Dean Smith

vivage said...

Susan H's husband and kids are Smiths too. Incredible odds eh?

Donita Curioso said...

Yes, it's amazing. There's just something about that name. My Aunt Ruth, who was a Lang, married a Smith. I married a Smith. My best friend is a Smith and so are some good friends in NorCal. My KIDS are Smiths! And now my neighbor?

I'm sure we must all be very skilled at something.

Anonymous said...

The teacher next to me is a Smith. This is incredible. It's like ...... they're everywhere!

John

Donita Curioso said...

Hi, John!