Thursday, February 07, 2008

More photos


The ugly tree. It actually doesn't look that bad in the photo but standing right next to it changes your DNA, I'm sure of it. It leans, the top of the trunk is jagged and the branches stick out at right angles. Nope, I don't like it.

The pokey liquidambar. It's ugly, the roots are invasive, it drops LOTS of leaves and hard, spiky seed pods and it's right in front of the kitchen window. I'm sure they planted it there to shade the window but jeez, there are other ways to do it. Drew wants to see if he can dig it up and plant it at his house. Fine with me as long as it goes.

Click on photos to enlarge.

6 comments:

vivage said...

I love liquid amber but they sure are messy. I guess in front of the kitchen window is kind of ookie.

That other tree did have potential, I like the gnarlyness of it but it's all leaned over like a drunken gammer.

Donita Curioso said...

Drunken Gammer would be a good name for a band.

I do like gnarly trees but this one doesn't cut it. I'm waiting to see what sprouts from all the tiny blossom buds that are all over it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VIRGINIA! 50! Woo hoo!

Happy Birthday to Dad, too. We're taking him out for dinner at Olivia's.

Anonymous said...

i think the tree had a starring role in the wizard of oz. Kind of spooky.

John

vivage said...

Thank you , thank you, so far it's been a blast!

Anonymous said...

Would it be possible to leave the ooglay tree until I move out? *puppydog eyes* It shades mine and Paige's rooms so nicely, you see.

vivage said...

You can't resist puppy dog eyes. I know I can't.