Saturday, July 28, 2007

Waaah!!!

Now they're telling me my computer won't be fixed until the 17th of August. AND it might be lost! The guy at the main Apple repair center said it's in the store at Victoria Gardens. The admin at the Victoria Gardens store says they don't have it. Either way it won't be fixed until they get a new graphics card, which is on backorder. Waaahh!!!

Tonight there's a Shakespeare play at Fairmount Park. It's also a full moon. I've been wanting to watch a full moon rise from Mt. Rubidoux. I think I'll do that instead of going to the play. Besides, there's another one tomorrow night. I'll take Boz with me on the Rubidoux walk. That way if something or someone wants to attack me in the dark I'll just give them Boz.

I'm starting to pack for the move. I figure every box I pack right now will make me happy when moving day comes. This also gives me an opportunity to get rid of more stuff. I need to go on a box hunt and buy some tape. Wheeee!

Oh yeah, WAAAAHHHH!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waaahhhh!! Sorry about the computer- if they don't find it, they'll have to give you a new one, right???
We'll be arriving in L.A. before noon on the 6th of August-let's start making fun plans! Def. a trip to Lucille's for dinner one night- we're already on with Kyle & Linds for a Dodger game-
We can use a respite- we had to put Fribble, our 15 month old Tuxedo cat, to sleep yesterday, and we had to go to the hospital to say goodbye to Carl's best friend Barry who is lingering after a two year battle with brain cancer.
See you soon!

Donita Curioso said...

Well, I would certainly hope they'd give me a new computer. But DANG, that would be a huge friggin' drag to lose the big Mac. Jim had EVERYTHING on that computer.

Oh, Anne! Sounds like you guys have had it rough. What happened to Fribble? He was so young.

Big hug for Carl. I can certainly relate.

As for plans, the only days I'm not really available are the 11th and 12th. My Nor-Cal friends, Mary and Jon, are coming for a quick visit.

It'll be great seeing you!

Anonymous said...

Well, there have been times when I've wished that a big mound of stuff--important stuff, stuff I used to like and want--would just disappear. One less project.

--dean

Anonymous said...

I'd hope that, because they already opened it up, they'll already have made a backup of all the information on it. *crosses her fingers*

Hopefully it's at the repair shop and someone just forgot to make a note of it on their system.

Donita Curioso said...

I'm sure it will turn up and they'll get things figured out. But jeez, August 17th?