Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th!

This evening Lindsay, Kyle and I took some chairs and drove up to the top of the hill to watch fireworks. I'm glad we did that. We got a great view of the Mt. Rubidoux show plus all the little illegal fireworks shows that pop up all over town. Every once in a while a big, loud one would go off and set off car alarms up and down the street. We always applauded those.

Bleah, I'm still sick. We'll see how things are in the morning. Right now I still have some nausea and clamminess. Going up the hill just now was a real effort.

Today I was either sleeping, playing uke, computing or watching The Office dvds. I'm really enjoying them. Today they helped me forget about being sick for a while.

Ok, back to bed.

4 comments:

vivage said...

Oh no, you're sick? Way bummer to be sick in this heat!

Donita Curioso said...

Oh yeah, it sucks big time. The AC in my bedroom is weak. I think it just needs a good cleaning. I had it running with the ceiling fan and a box fan blowing on high right at me and I was still sweaty.

I'm better this morning. My stomach is still jumpy and I still have the achey joints and headache and... ok, I still feel like crap. But the fog seems to be lifting. I'm going to putter around and get ready for the trip. I don't know when we'll get on the road. Jeez, the way I feel right now I might decide to wait until tomorrow morning.

Going back to bed.

vivage said...

I hope you stay in bed and get a little better before you get on the road. It's miserable traveling when you're feeling way over punky.

Donita Curioso said...

I do feel better. We'll be heading out tomorrow morning, over punky or no over punky. We'll probably stay and extra day. I don't know yet.