Sunday, July 29, 2007

Jeebus!

First let me say that Boz did not get shot in the head. It just looked like it.

This evening I was sitting on the front porch playing solitaire. Boz was running around in the Christmas trees. I could hear his tags jingling in the dark. After a little while he came walking out of the trees and stood next to the driveway. He was acting strange. He stood in a hunched over position which made me think he might be constipated. I called him but he wouldn't come. When he finally came up to the porch I saw that he had a perfectly round wound on his head. My heart lurched.

I took him in the house and had everyone look at him. He had a larger, bullet-sized hole and a smaller one an inch away. They looked like entrance and exit wounds. I hadn't heard a gunshot and I didn't hear him yelp but it was pretty noisy out there so I could have missed it. There are a couple of loud parties in the neighborhood. I thought maybe someone had been drinking and decided to shoot something and that something was Boz. I called Virginia to ask her where the emergency vet was. Paige and I hopped in the car and took Bozzie to the vet.

We waited about an hour. It was pretty busy. Boz was acting quite normal by this time (and by "normal" I mean he wanted to attack any dog that got close to him). When the vet finally examined him he said he didn't think it was a gunshot wound. He took him back to shave the area and clean it up a little. When his assistant brought Boz back there were THREE wounds and none of them were deep. Boz must have run into something at full speed. My stupid, effing dog did this to himself!

So, now his head is shaved around a perfect triangle of holes. They sent us home with some antibiotics and some ointment. I'm blasted. Just before this happened I was thinking, please, no more dead animals, no more dead people, let me cruise for a while. Then Boz walked up with an injury that looked quite serious. AARGH!

But we're ok. Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

I'm going to bed.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Years ago my kitty came home with a perfect dime-sized hole in her skin--just the skin, no deeper. It was as if you had a hole in your shirt. You could look through it and see the muscles. BLEAH! WHO WOULD WANT TO DO THAT!!

The vet's best guess was barbed wire.

vivage said...

Well, ya know you DID get your wish. No dead animals, nothing dead.

And now I'm thinking Boz was all hunched over cuz he was embarrassed.

Donita Curioso said...

He oughta be embarrassed. And yes! I did get my wish!

Ew, kitty muscles.

moqui said...

Oh Poor Boz- the injury sound very suspicious to me- are you sure that this wasn't an alien abduction? Is Boz missing any time? Were there any unidentified flying objects in the air? maybe Boz needs to visit a hypnotist and get some answers.

Donita Curioso said...

See, that's exactly what I thought! The triangle is so perfect it could be the mark of an implant.

Welcome to my bloggy, Moqui!

vivage said...

Hmmmm, I wonder if I have any triangles like boz's when I got my implants?

Donita Curioso said...

Har!!! Wow! Aliens did your implants?

vivage said...

How would I know? I have implants but don't know if aliens implanted them.