Friday, September 30, 2005

This morning at the DMV

I had 4 things that needed to be handled. Getting the address changed on my driver's license (got a ticket), getting a duplicate title for Dad's old car (lost), getting the new car registered and getting duplicate forms to give to the doctor so Dad's license doesn't get suspended (which is gonna happen anyway).

Dad went with me. Most of the time was spent explaining to Dad over and over why we were there. Turns out the new car hasn't been smogged, even though the seller told us it was, so Dad needs to do that to get the registration completed. When we came home I gathered up the papers I needed and told him he just needs to get his car smogged and then take the forms back to the DMV. Five minutes later he was at my door asking what he's supposed to do with the car. We wrote it all down and sent him on his way.

I need lunch.

Tomorrow we're going to Mexico with Ken and Sherri. I'm going to e-mail Drew and Stacey and ask them if they can help with Dad's eye drops. I think if I write the directions down and tape them to his mirror he'll be able to handle it. There are 2 drops that need to go in 3 times a day. But if he ends up going somewhere with Stacey or Drew they'll be able to help him.

Ok, lunch.

7 comments:

vivage said...

Was he successful in his venture out?

How was lunch? I hope relaxing.

Donita Curioso said...

He was successful. He didn't go back to the DMV. I'll do that next week. But at least he handled getitng the smog test.

Lunch was good although we spent the whole time talking about Dad. So, not very relaxing but it was something we needed to do.

vivage said...

I hope today is more relaxing. Have you begun doing any halloween stuff yet? That might help you relax a little.

Donita Curioso said...

No, not yet. I'm going to wait a bit before dragging Halloween out. I want to spend this week doing our organizing project. I'm actually looking forward to that.

Mexico was fun. Drank WAY too much alcohol. Our hotel was on a cliff above the beach. This morning I watched dolphins cavorting and pelicans gliding. Ken and Sherri showed us the best taco place ever. Shopped a lot. I came home with some paper flowers and a concrete chicken. I like my chicken.

I'm a little worried that I may have brought home another bug. If I did I'm going to the doctor right away. I tried to tough it out last time thinking it wouldn't last very long. Wrong!

vivage said...

Wait? You've been in Mexico? I was wondering where you'd gotten to. I thought maybe things were wild over there.

One day we need to go to Mexico. Seems like all of our friends go and we've never been.

TAke care of the buggy thing!

Donita Curioso said...

I think I may have dodged that one. I was rumbly last night but I'm ok today.

We've made two day trips to Mexico since moving back down here. That's a long day and you have to rush the shopping. Two days, much better. Next time I want to go down to Ensenada.

vivage said...

Man, a daytrip? Yeow.

I haven't been to mexico since I was about 12!