Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Dad had his pre-op appt. today

If all goes well he'll have his cataract surgery next Tuesday. He's been waiting a long time. I know this will improve his life.

We got there at 1 and left at 4:30. Not too bad considering we schlepped around to several different offices and labs. Everywhere we went the tv's were on the same channel so we could watch Judge Judy at each stop. I got to listen to a couple vets trash George Bush while we sat in the eye clinic.

Dede is coming to pick Dad up tomorrow morning and take him up to SLO. She and David are going to Dad-sit while the rest of us go to the river this weekend. He doesn't understand why she needs to drive down to pick him up. He said he could drive up there, no problem. I shudder at that thought.

Dad has to start taking some eye drops a few days before surgery so Dede and David will have to help him with that. I'll explain it to her when she gets here.

That's about it. Just a quickie Dad report for the sibs.

6 comments:

vivage said...

Hope you're enjoying your days off.

Donita Curioso said...

Oh yeah! Last night I sat on my front porch and played soltaire knowing I wouldn't be iterrupted. It's a small thing but it really helped me to relax.

We had a change in plans. We're not going until tomorrow morning. I don't like it whne river weekend gets shortened. That's a lot of driving for such a short stay. Oh well, it couldn't be helped.

vivage said...

Solitude = bliss

I hope you're making today a relaxing holiday before you leave for your real holiday.

Jim said...

Doni made it home fine last night, after a fun weekend. My weekend was nice and mellow, and I'm feeling better than I was. More from Donita soon, I betcha...

Jim said...

Well, today was Donita's dad's operation. From what Doni tells me the operation went well. Dr. Chang (?I think?) called Doni's dad around 3:30 today to check up on him, and tomorrow at 9AM he goes in for a follow-up appointment. Between the two appointments and yesterday's hauling him back from Ventura, Doni's spent more than half of her waking hours in these three days with her dad. She's sleeping right now.

vivage said...

I was wondering how things were going. I hope the two of you can hold on to the easy going weekends you had.

Hope Stan is doing well and behaving himself.