Thursday, September 01, 2005

Other stuff we're doing...

Yesterday before the rally we went to the Alamo Draft House. It's a pretty cool theater chain. They take out every other row of seats and put in long tables and serve food. I tried deep fried pickles for the first time. They're actually pretty good! We had pizza and salad for lunch.

The movie we saw was The Aristocrats. If you're easily offended, do NOT see this movie. It'll put images into your head that you might not want there. I loved it. The pre-show shorts were well chosen. They were pretty funny and just as raunchy as the main feature.

Today we're painting. Yesterday we bought stretcher bars and paint. Dean had a canvas ready to go. She's painting a picture of a naked woman running with a peace flag. I stretched my canvas, gessoed it and sketched in a crazy cat arching its back. We need to go buy more paint before I can get started on it. I've never done a painting this big before. This'll be fun.

We're listening to a pretty cool radio station. The DJ is playing a great mix of music that's mostly from New Orleans with some songs about pouring rain and storms thrown in. We're also watching a lot of CNN.

Tonight we're going to dinner at a Cajun restaurant.

5 comments:

vivage said...

And Dean paints too? Non or my friends (cept for you) do any painting, so I'm all jazzed for you.

Fried pickles huh? On the fence about the disgusting-ness of that or the delciousness of fried sourness.

Jim said...

Sounds great, but I'll stay away from the fried pickles.

We're all fine, Lindsay's very excited, she just got called in for an interview at the Coffee Depot on University, which would be a cool job for her for now; Cruz works near there too.

Helped Stan write a $1000 check for a site appraiser this morning. That was a moderately complex undertaking.

Anonymous said...

Doni,

Glad you made it safely to Texas. I guess butt-head is gone, so I won't ask you to wave a little finger at him when he goes by.

My heart is with you,

Jim - hat's off to you!

Nancy

Donita Curioso said...

Virginia- Yes, and she's pretty good. It all started with us painting on smooth rocks with acrylics.

Go with the deliciousness of fried sourness. It's a weird thing to think about and you wonder what fool decided pickles were fryable, but it works.

Jim- Hooray for Lindsay! That would be a great place for her to work.

Thank you for dealing with Dad. I don't deserve you.

Nancy- Yes, little butthead was flying into SoCal just as I was flying to Texas. You can bet it wouldn't have been my little finger that was waving if he had gone by.

Today is Dean's birthday! Later we're going to her sister's to swim and barbeque. This morning, the painting continues. She's almost done with her painting, mine is full of noodly bits that take forever to paint. But I'm liking it.

Still watching the news.

vivage said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Dean! I hope all your birthday wishes come true!