Saturday, July 09, 2005

Yeee-haaaaaaa!

We got our first internet paper order! Thank you to Tracy in New York for totally making our day!

I was stunned. I burst into tears when I saw that PayPal e-mail. Someone I don't know across the country found us and placed an order for 4 sheets. She ordered 2 sheets of Squaresville and 2 sheets of Kindalikeamola. I included a sheet each of the other 2 designs as a thank you.

I've been feeling a bit down about the business lately. Our attentions have been elsewhere and it seems like we're going in the wrong direction. One $12 order isn't going to change things but getting that first one sure feels good. Someone liked my work enough to want to actually buy it.

Ok, all the rest of you out there in that big, big world. Here it is, come and get it!

Really, if every adult in America ordered just one sheet of paper I could retire. Is that too much to ask?

2 comments:

vivage said...

yayayayayay! Hooray! I'm raising my glass of soda to you in a huge toast!

I hope you frame that paypal receipt.

Donita Curioso said...

Oh you'd better believe we were careful putting that order together. We even paid extra postage because we screwed up and sent it parcel post instead of priority mail. Parcel post adds a surcharge for tubes. Anyway, she didn't get charged the extra postage.

We tried to send her a thank you note but her e-mail address was screwed up somehow. Her street address came directly from Pay-pal so we couldn't screw that up. We included a thank you note with the order.

Like I said, this won't change things much but it was a great way to start the day.