Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The rack

That's what Dad called it. Really, it's a set of shelves.

This morning Dad called and said Joanne Barry gave him a rack from her store that she didn't need. He wanted to know if I wanted it. I went over and had a look. It's a set of brand new metal shelves and it's pretty nice looking. They're painted with a hard enamel paint that's apple green. I really like them. This time, Dad brought something cool and useful home.

I've been thinking about this workshop I want to do. I want to provide extra supplies that people can purchase. This shelf would be perfect for that. It's like a sign from God. Suddenly I feel like Elwood Blues.

I figure if Jim is doing real estate appraisals and I'm doing 4 workshops a month we'll be making the same money Jim did in Santa Rosa. I want to do the first three on my own and then, if they're successful, start doing them through the jc. Jim suggested that I could also be doing them in San Diego, LA, San Bernardino, anywhere within reasonable driving distance. Why not? That's what Terry does with his rubber stamping classes. He goes all over teaching at rubber stamp stores. I'm going to call him.

The more I think about this the more I like it.

7 comments:

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

I think Jim's right. If you hit the right venues, you can do this anywhere. It's kinda like that guy I used to know who carved apple heads when he got stoned and became a millionaire. Except you're not carving heads. You're making heads. There's a difference.

Also, you won't be wasting food that someone else might actually need.

And I can't swear that he really became a millionaire.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

For that matter, I can't swear that he was ever stoned. I just added that to enhance his characterization. I just got back from a writers' conference.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

Who ever thought that so much good would come out of Joanne Berry showing her rack to your father?

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

Barry, Berry, what's the difference?

Donita Curioso said...

Yeah, remember Rich? He got into that apple head carving thing right after highschool. It seemed goofy to us at the time but he really made something of it.

And yeah, he probably was stoned.

Jeff, you just burned out my mental retinas with that image of Joanne Barry and her rack.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

Legs:

You sound like you've been to one of my family reunions.

Donita Curioso said...

Har!