Thursday, July 28, 2005

Found a doggie

Tonight when Paige and I went to Drew's to take care of their dog there was a young, male dog hanging around outside their gate. He seemed scared and very glad to see us. We could barely get the gate open to drive through it because he wanted to stick to us like glue. I had Paige hang onto him so I could get the car through without squishing him. Paige shut the gate but he wiggled under.

He's a very sweet dog. I think he's about 6 months old. He looks like a cattle dog or a heeler, whiteish with red spots. When Paige tried putting a leash on him he freaked out. He looks healthy.

Drew and Mindy's street can be busy and I was afraid to leave him there so we took him home. Tomorrow I'll put an ad in the paper and go back to their neighborhood and put some flyers up. If nobody claims him we'll run another ad and try to find him a home.

We can't really have another dog, too expensive for us right now. But Paige is getting pretty attached. I think she'd be ok with finding him a home. It would bother her (and me) if we ended up taking him to the pound. What really bothers me is how people can be such idiots with their pets. This guy had no collar and he acted like he'd never worn one. He's not fixed. I guess we could take him to the animal shelter and have him scanned but I doubt that he has a chip.

So, here we are. Anybody want a dog?

6 comments:

vivage said...

No, thank you, we already have two doggies. But he sure does sound awfully nice.

I think there is a no-kill shelter around here somewhere.

Did ya notice I didn't send you any ditties to circle round your brain?

vivage said...

No, thank you, we already have two doggies. But he sure does sound awfully nice.

I think there is a no-kill shelter around here somewhere.

Did ya notice I didn't send you any ditties to circle round your brain?

vivage said...

Oh man, I hate when I stutter.

Donita Curioso said...

We printed up a bunch of flyers that we're going to staple on poles around the neighborhood. We also placed an ad in the PE. We'll give it a few days. Then I'll start calling rescue groups.

And thank you for not sending me a ditty. I have a dog instead.

vivage said...

OMG, now I have a ditty going round my head about a dog.

Good luck with the flyers/ad.

Donita Curioso said...

Thanks! We put them up all over the area. Then we went to BJ's to celebrate.

You know, I've had the tinfoil hat song stuck in my brain since Sunday. I didn't quite have it memorized when we performed it. No problem now!