Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Ok, not to get too corny and weird, but...

I just had an unusual experience.

I was sitting on the front porch playing solitaire and thinking about the whole workshop thing and all its aspects. Then I thought about something that was a little negative (I can't remember what it was) and I automatically said to my self, " No, I'm too happy to think about that." Then I thought well, it's been a while since I've thought of myself as happy. Then WHAM! this wave of happiness washed over me, building and building. I just sat there, cards in hand, feeling this feeling. After a while it peaked and I relaxed a little. I kept thinking wow, that was cool.

I looked up and thanked Mother Universe for the buzz.

But it's really true, I'm just plain happy right now. This workshop thing might not work but I'm excited about trying it. I'm not paniced about our dwindling finances anymore. I feel like gardening!

The troll under the bridge is saying, "Oh gawd, she hit menopause and now she's gone completely bonkers."

Today I zoomed around to all the thrift stores in this area looking for items relating to those catagories I carry around in my head. Say wha??? Yes, catagories in my head. My perpetual thrift store list.

Cool items, Halloween possibilities, costume stuff, furniture to paint, glassware, crap from the 50s and 60s, lamps, Hammond organs and jewelry. I have now added lamp parts, things I can stick mosaic to, and styrofoam heads to the list. It wasn't a successful hunt. Just one flower pot. But at least now I know where all the stores are on this side of town.

Anyway...

I'm just so ready to get to work. I need to;

Clean the studio
Finish Jeff's ukulele case
Clean Dad's downstairs and the parking area in front
Make a prototype prop head and take notes on the process
Look into wholesale suppliers for paint, Rigid Wrap and other supplies
Figure out how to market the workshops
Develop the workshops
And lots more

Yes, I like this much better.

7 comments:

vivage said...

heh, I need some of that. I'm full of whines these days.

Ah, the universe beckons.

Donita Curioso said...

Yep! My new mantra is "no more sob stories".

Donita Curioso said...

I once got a cookie fortune that said, "Discontent is the first step in the progress of a man- or a nation."

It's on my fridge.

vivage said...

I have a little soft drink cap on my fridge that tells me *Beavers were once the size of bears*

I'm convinced (the voices in my head can be loud) that there is a hidden message in there.

Donita Curioso said...

That's too funny! You can go so many directions with that one.

Really, I'll be thinking about that all day.

vivage said...

Would you rather I give you a song ditty to keep running thru your head all day?

Donita Curioso said...

I haven't been up there since we got back from S.R. It's just way too hot. I've been swimming at Ken's but that doesn't really cut it. It's cooling down a little now so maybe soon I'll start doing evening walks again.

Virginia- NO! No songs stuck in my head! That drives me crazy!