Monday, May 19, 2008

Hey, it's Give Kyle A Wedgie Day!

Happy Birthday, Kyle!

So, today is the last day of the heat wave, right? Please, please, please...

I got lots of stuff done this morning. Well... I was going to go to Kaiser to get some blood work done but when I got there my wallet wasn't in my purse. Dang! It had fallen out when we were doing all that moving on Saturday. I found it in the truck. And my Kaiser card wasn't in it! I have no idea at all where it might be and trying to find anything that small in this house right now is just about impossible. I'll have to tell them I lost it.

I came home and started working on getting some paper work out of the way. I called the Agilent and Hewlett-Packard stock people to have the stock ownership changed to my name. I've been doing that kind of thing in bits and pieces ever since Jim died. Sometimes people are helpful, like they were today. But most of the time I seem to get ahold of some complete idiot who will tell me that whatever I want done can't be done because it's in Jim's name and they need his signature. This is after I started the conversation with, "My husband died last year..." There have actually been times when I've had to yell at people, "Do you understand that he is DEAD? I'm his wife! It belongs to me now! Do NOT tell me it can't be done!" Seriously, it's happened several times.

But today everyone I talked to totally knew their shit. Even so, no matter how helpful they are, I still have to sit here and cry for
about five minutes when I'm done. It happens every time. If I'm lucky, my throat won't close up until after I hang up the
phone.

I also checked up on how the stock is doing. I read that Agilent is predicted to do well this year. The other stuff is doing ok too. That's all comforting to know. If we don't have a big crash I just might have a decent amount of money to retire on some day. So, you can all relax. I won't be showing up on your doorstep all destitute 'n' stuff.

Probably.

5 comments:

vivage said...

Happy Birthday Kyle!

Stock: Yikes, our 401k has tanked the last 2 quarters.

I hope the moments of frustration and sadness get smaller and fewer for you.

Donita Curioso said...

They are. The sadness doesn't dominate my life anymore. Just little bits pop up every once in a while.

My 401k has lost a little lately but it's nothing to panic about. I think it's managed well.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Kyle! Hope you get something really cool.

-dean

Unknown said...

I DID get something cool! A wedgie!

Well, ok and several other awesome things. Like Wii Fit. And a major musical career boost.

Thanks everyone!

Donita Curioso said...

Yay for Kyle! Wedgies aren't cool, though. They're kind of warm.