Monday, June 19, 2006

A great practice

Today the TV's Kyle band had a very productive practice. Fun, too. My fingers hurt!

So far we have 14 songs that we're working on.

Arica- A musical pep talk for a friend who was down.
Babaganoush- Not about Babaganoush.
Beaverduck- Part beaver, part duck.
Bennendann- Instrumental. Good for kicking off the show.
Bob From Accounting- About one of Kyle's highschool teachers.
Bump- "Where is the car in the parking lot?"
Dizzy Spells- Can a pill cure love's dizzy spells?
Joe's Java Jungle Cafe- Getting mellow with a cup of Joe
Let Me Crazy- Pickin' up chicks in the boba shop
Lindsay Is Totally Centered- Written for Lindsay's birthday last year. I do believe he was courting her with this one.
Rated G Life- No, I don't think so.
Tri-State Area- Touring the countryside and crashing his Vespa
Why Not?- The answer to "why?"
You're My Pal (And I Like You)- Happy and evil.


Arica, LIndsay Is Totally Centered, Rated G Life, Why Not?, and You're My Pal are pretty much performance-ready. This is fun. Every time we practice I feel more secure about our ability to do a good show. I'm really looking forward to the day when we get to practice with Ben (drummer from L.A.) Gotta work out some kinks first.

Speaking of working out the kinks, I'd better get myself up Rubidoux. It's been a few days...

5 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

We've learned it. I don't know if we'll perform it with the Kyle show. It's a fun song to sing. There are some other songs I want us to learn, not necessarily for the Kyle show but just because they're fun. I even wrote a song. I'll post it here tomorrow. There's a whole big story I need to post about what happened on Mt. Rubidoux this evening but I don't want to get into it right now. I feel like I should buy a lottery ticket because of the way the universe lind up for me today. Man, it was funny! But, tomorrow...

Donita Curioso said...

Cool! I'll sent it to you.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

Something happened and I missed it? Sheesh!

Donita Curioso said...

Yes, and you would have enjoyed it.

Jim said...

Red,

I still have trouble with the words to HWC; I'll try to get them better memorized before youse guyz get here...

We'll record it! Pu Tu Tui!