Friday, February 24, 2006

We get a break!

At this very moment Dad is winging his way to Galveston. The airport experience was uneventful though we did get there 2 hours early because Dad was feaked out about the possibility of being late. So, we had breakfast and did the people watching thing. Dad HAS to comment on everyone who walks by. I could feel my neck tensing up. At one point he got up to go to the bathroom. While he was gone I tried to meditate my tension away. I didn't do so well. An attendant parked a woman in a wheelchair next to me. She was making noises like she was in constant pain and she was way over-fragranced. I just couldn't tune that out.

It's nice to be home.

Tomorrow I'm taking a precious metal clay class with Virginia. I've seen it demonstrated on tv and it looks way cool fun. I'll post photos of our results.

Then Jim and I are going to a Naked Trucker show with Lindsay and Kyle. Yes, the trucker will be naked.

Sunday we're going to the OC car auction again. Early this time. After that it's to Ken's to try out a new drummer. Another full weekend.

7 comments:

vivage said...

Please don't post pics of the naked trucker. I implore you.

xyillhv: a skin condition

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

I saw the Naked Trucker on Bill Maher once. It ain't pretty.

fhghp-what the director of Real Time with Bill Maher said when the Naked Trucker's guitar strap broke.

Donita Curioso said...

i googled him (oh yeah, baby! I googled that naked trucker. I googled him good.) You're right, he ain't pretty. On their site is video from when they were on Conan. Dems funny.

It'll be fun. We're a party of 8. Lindsay and Kyle's friends will be joining us.

Virginia- See you in the morning!

pywncyo- "I'll pay you when I see you", he mumbled.

vivage said...

I'll see ya there! Wheeeeee!
plspif: Often confused with asking for a spliff, but actually means spiff up.

Jim said...

Oh, and by the way, Lindsay and Kyle are friends of some of the folks in the band, including Naked himself, and Andy Paley, who did the theme song for Kyle's cartoon (Moobeard) as well as working with some other interesting folks.

byjnfc - Bad Year to Join the f&^$^*n' Club.

Donita Curioso said...

I think one of my friends is visiting family up there. Or it could be one of my cyber friends who lives in Ohio.

Well, the pmc class was ok. I enjoyed taking it with Virginia. I was hoping for some better results but you can't really expect too much on the first go. This stuff is fussy to work with. What we used today had a short firing time which worked well for the class, but it dried out fast and cracked. There's another kind of clay that's easier to work with but takes much longer to fire. But I enjoyed it and would like to do some more experimenting. The teacher said she'll fire any pieces we do on our own for $1 each. Not bad.

And now on to the next thing. Gotta get ready to go to L.A.

Donita Curioso said...

I'll put them in Scraps. They're really just so-so.

Naked Trucker was a fun, fun show. I'll write about it later. We just got home.

ntmyzood- I'm tellin' ya, it's NOT.