Monday, February 06, 2006

A very nice weekend

It started on Friday with an enjoyable and productive band practice. Did a lot of vocal work.

Saturday Rory came over for for the day. He and Paige hung out and played video games. Pizza for dinner. Later we went to Lindsay's band concert. There was a very rude family sitting in front of us. Noisy, fidgety kids and the parents didn't do anything to stop them. At the end Jim had some words for them. Weird. Kyle and Jon and Jon's friend Alex were there. Afterward they went to a show in L.A. Lindsay said things were awkward with Jon there.

Yesterday Kyle came over to record some clarinet parts for one of his songs. We basically made a day of it. At first Jim and Kyle were doing the Polar Bear dink-around-with-the-equipment thing. He and Lindsay worked on the clarinet recording for a while. Then we had a big ol' dinner. Barbequed teriyaki steak, chicken, some salmon, a big salad and baked potatoes. I eschewed the potato. Good dinner, lots of laughter.

Then we went back out to the studio for some more recording. Paige added a bell part to the song and I composed a brilliant single-strike finger cymbal part. After that Paige went to bed and the rest of us settled in front of the tv to watch The Aristocrats. Ah yes, good family entertainment.

Kyle spent the night. This morning Lindsay fixed salmon omelettes. I took Dad to the VA for a toe check. It's getting better but the doctor gave him some more antibiotics just to keep the healing going. Later this week he goes in for a shoe fitting.

So, it was a nice weekend. Gonna have lunch and head up Mt. Rubidoux.

2 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

Hoo, lordy! Note to self- Do not have lunch and then immediately go up Mt. Rubidoux. Must digest.

I was really dragging. it was like walking through mud. My body just wasn't happy trying to push my booty up a hill AND digest a small lunch at the same time. But I'm glad I went.

I weighed myself at the VA today. I think I've lost 12 pounds. I kinda remember what I weighed the last time I went to the doctor and the VA scale said I was 12 pounds less than that. Might not be totally accurate but I'll take it. Anyway, I'm happy.

ufqju- No, I never have.

Donita Curioso said...

Must have been a very good time indeed. Sorry about your hangover.

This morning Dad was all grabby. I'm trying to get his pills arranged in his box and he's undoing everything. I kept telling him to stop but he thinks he knows everything so he charged on. The anitbiotic he's taking for his toe looks a lot like the Metformin he takes for diabetes. He threw some pills in the trash and we had to dig them out. I was starting to get pretty mad at him. Then he started telling me EVERYTHING we should be doing to get Lindsay another car. Like we've never bought a car before. Inside my head I'm screaming shut up about the stinkin' car and get your hands off the pills!

Today we have to go get him a new remote control. We've been dealing with this stupid remote control problem for weeks now. He'll buy one, use it for a couple weeks and then it dies for some reason. So then he wants us to take it back, but by that time there's no receipt, no packaging.

So, that's my day so far.