Friday, February 17, 2006

Here it is again! The weekend!

Band practice tonight. Still no drummer but we've been very productive. When we finally do get a drummer we'll be soooo ready. I'm going to walk to Ken's.

Tomorrow we're going to Paige's drumline show in Chino. We gonna ride the bus! Let's see, shall we embarrass Paige and try to start a sing-along? C'mon, everybody! A hundred bottles of beer on the wall, a hundred bottles of beer....

Sunday is the OC car auction. Oh pleeeeazzze let us find a car there!

I'm still working on my painting. I've changed my mind several times about certain areas and had to re-work them.

Jim set me up with a Deviant Art page. It takes a while to set up the gallery. Yuo can't just dump a bunch of pictures in there. So, go take a look. Not much there right now but I'll be adding stuff every day. You can also get to Lindsay's and Kyle's pages from there. Just click on their names. (Hey, Nancy, does Amelia have a Deviant Art page yet?)

Things are pretty good right now. The diet is going well, I'm getting lots of exercise and generally having more fun than I was a few months ago. Dad has been stable. He's going to Texas next week so we'll be getting a nice break. That'll be a good time to go over to his house and organize the stuff we have stored downstairs.

Tra-la-la...

6 comments:

vivage said...

The Deviant page looks good!

How was the bus ride? The show? Liam has a field show today too. I hope neither show gets rained out!

omspef: Aum with an accent
asbwaxau: When your accented Aum isn't accepted and you're waxing absmisally.

Donita Curioso said...

The bus ride wasn't bad. It's only about 20 minutes to Chino Hills. But oh man was it cold! Paige had told us that the event was indoors so we only brought light jackets. But for most of the day we were outside and it was rainy and windy. Thank god we thought to bring our own chairs.

Ramona did well. They placed 10th out of 24, the best they've ever done. The kids were happy. It was a long day, but a good one.

Yesterday we went to the OC auto auction. We didn't know that they had changed the time of the auction so when we got there the preview was over and the auction was already going. So, we'll try it again next Sunday. One more week of Lindsay driving Grandpa's car. She wasn't too happy.

Today Kyle is here. He pitched the cartoon he was working on last week for us. That was a fun thing to watch. Kyle is very entertaining.

I didn't walk to Ken's on Friday. I didn't exercise on Saturday or Sunday either. I gotta do it today.

(whine) It's cold!

vivage said...

Brrrrr. I detest that kind of cold, for some reason I'm always cold ('cept when I'm flashing). I know I would have gone to the car and sat in the car. I'm a cold wimp.

Liams band got 2nd where they were. Somewhere out in Moreno Valley. I don't even know who got 1st.

I hear you and Nuff are walking tonight. Bundle up in layers! Keep thinking of how funny Kyle is to keep the laughter warmth going. Better to go that way rather than using bitching and anger to keep warm. eh?
mhednpot: What someone says when their praying to the porcillian (how do you spell that?) Gods. The word usually has a bit of an echo.

Donita Curioso said...

Heh, heh! mhednpot. Love it!

I would have LOVED to been able to go sit in our car. After a while we gave up and went into the gym. Next time, I'll know what to expect. Take a heavier coat, gloves and a hat.

I'll be very layered up for the walk tonight. Jeez, I'm freezing right now! We don't have heat in the studio. Just the lights and a small, ceramic heater. Most of the time that's enough but not today.

Anonymous said...

Hi Doni,

Would you post your Deviant Art page link again? I bookmarked the first one you sent, which doesn't go anywhere.

Amelia said she used to have a Deviant page, but didn't keep it up. She spends a lot of time on her blog, though, and posts a lot of her work there. It's www.gogeckogirl.blogspot.com. She's got her Wondercon report and some of her latest drawings from her figure drawing class up.

I think I'm gonna go do something on your other blog. I'm tired of seeing my chocolate post!

Donita Curioso said...

Wow, Nancy. Amelia's blog is awesome! That girl is gonna take OFF. You should send her down here for a week next summer so Lindsay can introduce her to her tooning buddies.

harzo- an animation studio