Thursday, January 12, 2006

Yesterday and today

were pretty good days.

Nothing much happened. How wonderful is that? I got a lot of work done; yesterday the kitchen, today the front porch. Got into some serious puttering. I practiced some dietary discipline. Jim and I went over the Casual Sunday song lists and did some compiling. I've started re-reading the Atkins book. I feel like I'm somewhat getting things back on track. Right foot, left foot.

Thoughts of the future are creeping in at the periphery. (Heh, heh) No, really. I'm getting glimpses of how I'd like it to be. Still too blobby to share here right now.

So I just want to keep going and not let myself get knocked off course so easily. This whole lose-the-job-move-back-to-Riverside-oops-Dad-has-Alzheimer's thing has reeeally been a learning experience. Blogging about all of it has been very helpful. I like going back over my previous posts to help me remember everything that's happened and how I dealt with it. It's also helping me get a handle on what I want to do next.

Still don't know what that is, tho.

But my mood is so much better. Jim's been pretty cheery. Paige is doing better. Lindsay is a big, poofy, marshmallow of love energy. There's no living with her.

I guess we'll make it.

4 comments:

vivage said...

You sound so much more relaxed. Yay for everything.

fahir: Daling, you're so fahir today.

Jim said...

Hey, can't _I_ be a big, poofy marshmallow of love energy too?

dngvp - danged vice president

Donita Curioso said...

Hey, you're Mr. Sta-Puft, Baby!

Donita Curioso said...

The filing system is tres delish. I need to go through them and get all the 2005 stuff paper-clipped together. I'm not going to archive them yet. It's so nice to know what at least one thing in my life is completely organized and functions beautifully. It gives me hope that one day I'll have an organized and functioning house.

Today Jim and I worked on the studio. It's not totally together but already it's giving me an energy boost.