Sunday, January 08, 2006

What a fool am I

I've been lounging around in the vortex. Yesterday afternoon was the low point.

The land sale is a-happenin'. The way it's set up we'll be able to live here for a year after escrow closes. After that, wheredowegowhatwillwedoohnooooooooo!!

Well, for one thing, after that I won't be taking care of Dad. I won't be carrying that psychic anchor around my neck any more. Holy moley! The picture of that reality has finally started to sink in. Why didn't I see it before?

So, I'm feeling better.

This morning Jim and I organized the Halloween stuff that had been stashed in Dad's downstairs. I got sick 2 days after Halloween and we never got around to putting it all away. It was a nice project for us to do together. We did it while Dad was at church.

I'm going to start sorting and packing for this move. If we can pare things down to the essentials I know I'll be glad when that time comes and a lot of it is done already. We're going to have a garage sale this spring. Stacey has a lot of stuff she wants to get rid of, too. We can do a big family sale down at the Christmas tree shed. I'll bet Drew and Mindy and Ken and Sherri would also like to participate. We can start cleaning out the barns and sell that stuff. Oh yeah, we're going to do some ebay sales too.

Ok. I'm getting a glimmer. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Right now Jim is playing The Walk Of Life on Itunes. The hook in that song is peppy and dancy. I feel like Steve Martin in The Jerk when he first finds out he has rhythm.

Ok, girl, don't get too carried away. Things are still going to be rough but at least it's going to change for the better and sooner than you thought.

9 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

Oh yeah, a big one. We could have an endless stream of stuff going from the barns and barnyard out to the sales shed.

Yesterday Timio told me that they bought a house. So there you go. The Timio problem has worked itself out. I don't know when they're moving. But I'll bet he leaves most of his crap. No matter.

I was thinking it might be a good idea for us (the farm) to buy a forklift. We could use it for the big clean up and then sell it when we're done.

zrgxogwy- Gotta be some kind of alien name.

vivage said...

YAY!

Please, please do not tell Billy C that you're having a garage sale. I might was well write you a check and have it all delivered here.

lwfwsoa=related to the psoa muscle

Donita Curioso said...

Uh oh. I guess I'll apologize in advance. This place is the motherlode.

vivage said...

I know and I am very afraid.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

You know, if you still have that old Harmony ukulele that you found back there, I'll be happy to make a pre-sale out of it for you.

Donita Curioso said...

Hmmm, we'll have to talk about that. I'll mention it to the husband and see what he thinks. Hey, husband, what do you think?

Nice walk tonight. I'm amazed I didn't keel over. Wasn't it exciting when we were nearly attacked and killed by that vicious, small, grass-rustlin' amorphous shape in the dark? Damn, I'm a big sissy.

(I almost knocked Jeff off the road trying to get away from the rat-like object.)

I came home and grilled some teriyaki tri-tip and fried some mushrooms and bean sprouts (Paige's request). I haven't cooked like that in a long time. Once the diet starts I'll be cooking a lot. I need to clean the fridge, too. Ok, major kitchen overhaul coming soon. Maybe tomorrow.

Man, I'm just looking around at my hugely disorganized life and wondering if I'm ever really going to change. (I hear all of you chuckling.)

Blogging is a change. I kept a diary when I was in highschool but back then everything I wrote was completely retarded. I didn't expect this to become such a habit. But it seemed like a good way for me to communicate to the sibs what's going on every day with Dad. And I find it kind of entertaining. Hey, I've acquired a good habit!

ttapbwk- that chicken at Knott's Berry Farm that plays the piano for corn.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

I don't want the uke if you regard it with any sentimental or spiritual properties. BUT, if you plan on just setting out with the other garage sale items, I'll be happy to buy it.

I only ask because of the number of times I have heard from others, "I HAD a ukulele you might have liked-if only I hadn't thrown it away."

Donita Curioso said...

I had planned to sell my 2 smaller ukes on ebay and keep the one you gave me in exchange for the custom uke case. Both of them are old Harmony ukes. The small soprano I got on ebay, the larger one (a concert soprano?) is the one my parents brought back from Hawaii. Which one were you interested in?

Dad stuff- Today I took him to the VA because he had a nasty, swollen blood blister on his big toe where his toenail used to be. He had some of his toenails yanked several years ago because they were oogied up with fungus. He must have banged his toe somewhere recently. He really needs to be careful with any foot wound because of his diabetes. So, today was another 5 hour VA visit because he didn't have an appointment. The podiatrist drained it and sent him home. We'll go back in 2 weeks.

puxka- the crud that came out of Dad's toe

Donita Curioso said...

Oh yeah, gotta do a rvahf to rid my mind of the thought of all that puxka.

Did a lot of cleaning today. I walked up Rubidoux with Jeff. I had a small dinner. I am good.