Saturday, October 29, 2005

Stuff

Took Dad to the VA yesterday to see Dr. Griffin. He's in the pink. I managed to sneak a quick word with her to let her know we didn't start Dad on the mood stabilizers. I didn't want that to be part of the conversation.

The reception people screwed up and made us wait an hour and a half past his appointment time. Grrrr....

Last night's band practice was good. It's the first time we've met since Amber quit. Things were ho-hum at first but then we started messing around with a bunch of 60's rock stuff (our roots) and that got us going. The evening ended well.

Today I went to Ramona and helped out at one of the snack bars during the big band tournament there. What a crappy day. I showed up ready to work and they treated me like I was a pain in the ass. And they wonder why they don't get enough parental involvement? They tried to make me feel guilty for taking a break after being on my feet for 4 hours making burritos. The woman in charge sent me on a wild goose chase for trash bags when she had them in the supply trailer the whole time (and she knew it). I was yelled at for daring to ask for paper bowls. The next time they call me for help someone's going to get an earful.

But I got to see RCC's field show. Lordy, they're good. Now I'm home and in my jammies. So, don't nobody ask me to do nuthin' 'cause I ain't gonna do it.

2 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

Dad has been quite bearable. It's like he had to go through the trauma of losing his license and all the thrashing about that went with that experience and then he calmed down. I think the stress was making him foggier because now he's comparitively clear-headed. Yes, Dad's been quite tolerable these days.

I know those band parents work very hard and are there for every event, every trip, every football game. I can appreciate that. But it seems like the band boosters are just another highschool clique. It was the same at Lindsay's school in Santa Rosa and we were pretty involved then. But we weren't insiders.

If you're new and show up to help they treat you like you don't know ANYTHING. Not that you don't know anything about how bend works, they treat you like you don't know anything about anything!

I will volunteer because it's good for Paige and I do enjoy that sort of thing if the people are nice. But the next time the Supreme Band Mom Of The Universe calls I'll let her know how I feel.

yjpuuaa- A Peruvian snow lizard

Donita Curioso said...

Dammit! Can't fix spelling errors!

dtbse- Database. Duh!