Friday, October 21, 2005

Halloween's coming

But I just didn't have the spirit this year.

Usually, we get the Halloween stuff down on Oct.1st. This year we took it down 2 days ago. I usually decorate the living room, kitchen and bathroom. This year I put up a few lights in the living room and put up the skull porchlight.

I thought I could make some money decorating someone's Halloween party but I cheesed out on that one too.

We're going to do the usual thing at Kevin's. This time I'm going to triage everything and take only the essentials over there. That's a lot of stuff to haul. I might dress up and sit in the witch's chair and do some fortune telling. I think that would be fun. It's always more fun to interact with people.

Some day I really, really want to do a big, huge display someplace. Kevin's yard is small and a tad too precious for an elaborate display. We have all these really cool props for the witch but no good way to display them. I'd love to build her a spooky shack.

I'm going to search the barnyard for materials. Maybe we could do the shack this year. We have an awning frame that would work for a roof structure. All it needs is some posts for legs. Then I could cover it with some fabric that I have. Ok, Sunday I'll do the barnyard search.

Today we saw Goodnight, And Good Luck. Good, good movie.

Tomorrow we're going to Jim's 30th highschool reunion. I'll just bet it's going to be waaaaay more fun than mine was.

4 comments:

vivage said...

A project might be just the ticket! Build that shack!

Hope the reunion is at least full of stories to recount here. Reunions are pretty stupid, I haven't gone to any of mine but have gone to most of Bills.

hzzchxwm = A cheer for gender switched women.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

My foot's feels recovered. I don't know if it was the industrial strength Ibuprofin, the outdated little blue pill from the last flare-up, the allopurinol, or the cherry juice. So, I am game for the Monday walk.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

Yes, Legs, I do. I have only had one real attack where the pain just went through the roof. My doctor and I dteremined that it was due in part to my losing weight and not taking the medication. I think that's what brought about my recent attack as well. I've been losing a little weight.

Donita Curioso said...

Well, I was right about the reunion. It was great! I'll do a whole post about it.

Jeff- I'm glad your foot is feeling better. Now I just hope my left knee is better by tomorrow. It started really throbbing last night at the reunion. No idea why. Well, one idea. Maybe it's tired of having a fat woman leaning on it all the time.

Dad called this morning and said he couldn't find any of his medication. He said he didn't know why because he never takes it out of the bathroom. I went over and it was all there and he had already gotten out his correct morning dose. He said, "Well I might be pull of prunes on this one." I just don't react when stuff like this happens.

When I followed him into the bathroom he banged his elbow on the door. Now I see why this happens so much. He always walks with his hands clasped behind his back, which makes his elbows stick out. The door in hinged on the left and when it's open it stops against the toilet. The doorway on that side is obstructed by 2 inches of door. Bango.

He had arranged for a ride to church and he was flustered because she was on her way over and he wasn't quite ready. When she honked he hurried to get out the door and stumbled down the step by his back door. Then he stumbled down the steps outside. I wonder if I'm going to find him konked out on the ground one of these days.