Sunday, October 23, 2005

Jim's reunion.

The class of '75's reunion kicked the class of '74's reunion's butt.

It was held at Bill Wolfs' house in Palm Desert. Billy's done well for himself. This house is huge and gorgeous. We're talkin' at least a million bucks for this house. Bill is still Bill, just a sweetheart of a guy.

There was absolutely tons of food and it was all very good. Lots of beer, wine and frozen Margaritas. The dj played the music too loud, but they always do that. Bill has a big, beautiful yard (he has his own landscaping company) with a fabulous pool area and a batting cage. The pool has a fireplace and the patio next to the house has a fireplace. There's also an outdoor kitchen area and a bar.

It was fun catching up with people. I didn't recognize Sylvia Schuler, which was awful because 10 years ago she was one of the people we partied with for hours after the 20 year reunion. I felt like a dope.

Lance Croom was there. I went up and sat down next to him and his wife and said, "Lance, do you remember me?" He smiled and read my name tag and said no. I said, "Well you used to terrorize me in English class." He did, too. Made me cry one day. His wife started cracking up and wanted to hear all about it. We were all laughing and Lance was very apologetic. I was enjoying seeing him squirm. I said, "Funny how that stuff can come back and bite you in the ass, ain't it?" So, 30 years later I got an apology from Lance. Later on he and Jim were at the piano and Lance was singing. Golly, what a voice! I'm looking at this scene and thinking never in a million years would I have thought that I'd see my husband and Lance Croom sitting together having a great time.

Later Jim got into a long, deep discussion with Sylvia about religion. Kinda heavy for a party conversation but they enjoyed it.

We took a bunch of giftwrap and I spent some time rolling up 80 tubes for people to take home. Got lots of nice comments on it.

On one table they had the photos of all the people who had died. Bruce Hockett's was there, he died just last year. John Trujillo died in 98. I saw him at the last reunion. I was pretty sad about those two.

Bob, Julie, Michele, and Danny W. didn't make it this time. Bummer. We had a blast with them at the last one. The Mac Gregor twins were there. They looked great, especially Sue.

On the way home we hit some pretty nasty fog. It was scary there for a while. We got home around 2:30.

This was a good one. Bill kept saying the next one was going to be held here at the farm. I invited him over so he could see the barnyard for himself. He thinks we can get a crew over here to clean it up, no problem. I said just come over and see, then you'll know. There ain't gonna be no parties here no more. Besides, in 10 years this place will be gone. They're talking about having a reunion cruise in 5 years. I'm up for that!

6 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

He could turn your back yard into a mini paradise. Of course, he'd charge you an arm and a leg to do it.

ukfxxq- I don't know what this means but it sounds dirty.

vivage said...

Sounds way nicer than when that reunion company sets up the reunion at a hotel.

Nobody fell into the pool? No drunken stupor stories? Wow

eesfclzb = "It's Fight Club" pronounced by an Ausrian.

vivage said...

I wonder what happened to the comment I posted, or thought I posted.

Into the black hole or something. Anyway it sounds like ya'll had a great time.

atlgpffc - A type of giraffe purportedly found in Atlantis.

vivage said...

Wow, how weird is that? The post shows only one comment (Legadillos') but after you post I get to see all the comments.

koeajcd = A jacked up co-dependent

Donita Curioso said...

I think there's a bit of a delay sometimes for posting comments.

The dj at the reunion kept telling people to jump in the pool but no one did. The dj was a bit of a dumbass.

There were a few drunken revelers at the end but no one threw up, no fights, no sloppy "I love ya, man" moments. Just lots of loud laughing. Fun drunks.

I'm glad I didn't drink much. I would have said something inappropriate. I do that.

vivage said...

Thats some delay, I posted the first comment yesterday!

Thats probably why I don't drink much, say stupid things, or stumble over words.

yuxrzqw = Larry, Moe and Curly movies.