Sunday, August 28, 2005

Wish me luck

'cause I'm flying into a hurricane.

Well, close anyway. I have to change planes in Houston which, on the weather map, looks like it's about 5 miles from the bleeping EYE WALL. They're cancelling flights into Louisiana and Mississippi but not Texas. I'm going to trust that those pilots know what they're doing. Remember when Dad and I flew into Denver? We had to abort the landing because SOMEONE wasn't paying attention and we got too close to the plane in front of us. I'm thinking these guys will be verrry alert because I'll bet it's going to be bumpy.

So, have a great week, everybody!

4 comments:

vivage said...

Breathe, remember to keep breathing. I'm sure you'll be fine on the flight, they'll turn back if it gets too bumpy.

I wonder if the traveling Bubba's have been waylaid by the hurricane? Or are they already there? Maybe I should turn on the news? Nah.

Jim said...

Donita just called me; she's at legadillo's home and unexpectedly happy to be there. She said the flights were mostly uneventful, and the Houston to Austin flight had awesomely beautiful clouds (ie, she got to see the hurricane from the air at a safe distance).

vivage said...

Glad she's safe and sound and being fed good food. Man, how wild to be able to see the edges of the hurricane.

Donita Curioso said...

Yeah, that was pretty cool. Gorgeous clouds.

Yes, I'm here. Gonna take a shower and then head out to Camp Casey. That's about it for now.

Jim, I tried to get into my Rancho Curioso e-mail but was unsuccessful. I'll call you later.

We had a good time last night. Ideas were flowing.