Thursday, August 25, 2005

I'm going to Texas

But don't tell anybody. Well, you can talk amongst yourselves but don't tell Dad and don't tell the relatives. I'm not planning to visit them. I'm going to Austin.

Since I decided to relax about dealing with Dad and letting go of my deadline I figured there's no reason for me not to go. I'm going to spend a week with Dean. I'm also going to do something a little crazy. I'm going to Crawford. Am I a radical extremist, or what?

Dean's already been. She spent a day there cleaning and organizing the kitchen at the Peace House and she visited Camp Casey. She peeled potatoes. She and her sister are going back this Saturday. That's when the big event is. The Astroturf Caravan is pulling into town to "neutralize" Cindy. Hmmm, I doubt it.

She and I are going there on Tuesday. I'm excited about seeing this little piece of history in the making. I'm thinking things will probably be calmed down after the big weekend. Cindy is leaving the next day. We'll lend a hand wherever we can.

But the main reason for this trip is to have fun visiting my best bud. I don't want to take any time to visit relatives. I saw them just a few months ago when I went with Dad. I'm pretty sure they'd be miffed about me not visiting and I know they'd be majorly snarled about my lending my support to the enemy (Y'know, those Americans who are exercising their rights. The ones who are shoving Bush's big fat failure right back in his face. Those people). Just today I got an e-mail from my cousin about Jane (How Many Times Do I Have To Apologize?) Fonda. Boy, my relatives sure don't know me!

Jim is going to be handling the Dad stuff while I'm gone. Thank you, Jim! When it comes to taking care of Dad, he does more than his fair share. He does his best to keep me from getting too stressed.

I'm not sure if taking this trip is exactly the right thing to do. Part of me feels I should stay home and charge on. But I also think if I don't do this now I might not be able to get away for a long time. Anyway, the ticket is bought. I'm going.

15 comments:

vivage said...

Mums the word.

Good for you, taking up the offer. Can't wait to hear about the misbehavior of the Caravan people. I'm pretty sure they'll be noxious brats...perfect unwitting foils.

Oh and give a hug to Jim from me, whatta guy!

Donita Curioso said...

Well, the important relative is Ruth. She's my godmother. We went back to Texas almost every summer when I was growing up so we had a pretty close relationship with our relatives.

Ruth is 85 and not in the best of health. It's possible that I'll never see her again. If I were a good person I'd take every oportunity to see her. I do love her, she's always been my favorite. My whole life she's treated me like I'm something special. But this time I'm going for myself. Seeing Ruth means seeing everyone else.

This trip is therapy. You and Jim are probably the only people who fully understand how much it means to me to be able to spend time with you. I remember that one perfect day when you and I were painting murals in your rec room, drinking wine and listening to the radio. We've had several perfect days like that. Those are life-extending days.

FOOD????? Yippeeee!!!!!

Donita Curioso said...

Virginia- I just hope no one in the Caravan opens fire. Woo-hoo! Hippie target practice! No, no, no, we don't want that.

One hug for Jim, comin' right up!

Anonymous said...

Go have some fun and kick some ass, Mom!

Donita Curioso said...

Sure, but can I lose 50 pounds in 3 days? Maybe I won't be a smaller target but since I've been exercising I might be able to jump out of the way faster. Dodge and weave, baby!

Thank you, Lindsay. I'm not sure how much ass kicking I'll be doing. I'll be happy if I can get out of there without getting my ass kicked. But you can bet I'll be having some fabu fun.

Jim said...

Okay, here goes Jim in dumb nerd-joke mode_
You don't actually have to lose 50 pounds in three days, since your cross-sectional area is what they'd be shooting at. Simply squish yourself from your normal roughly radially symmetrical shape to one which presents a narrower cross section in one axis. In other words, flatten yourself, and then present that narrower side to the asshats!

But, of course, I love you just the way you are. ;->

Don't worry 'bout a thing, darling, y'all just have a buttload of fun in Austin!

vivage said...

Errrr, I'm hoping it will never come to firing upon anyone. I was thinking more of verbal nastiness.

Bwhahaha, I have this visual of the three of you posting to this blog from the same room, sitting right next to one another.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

It's amazing how something as simple as walking up a hill can clear your mind and help you focus. Have a real relaxing time. Say hi to all the Armadillos and chiggers-not to mention all of those kamakazee grasshopper-type thingies (or am I thinking of Oklahoma?).

Donita Curioso said...

Jim- Or I could use my super powers to make myself invisible. That could be fun.

Dean- Sometimes we don't see Lindsay for days at a time. She has her own laptop. There's no reason for her to leave her room.

Virginia- Oh, you know the bubbas will be armed.

Yes, it's true. Sometimes we do e-mail each other when we're in the same room.

vivage said...

I suppose thats not much different than us using the cell phone to talk to one of the kids, who are maybe 2 rooms away.

Bubba's. Ha! I guess I'd forgotten how many Bubba's there are in TX vs my neighborhood.

Donita Curioso said...

Jeff- Hmmm, I don't think I ever saw any kamakazee grasshoppers. But I will give your best to the armadillos (and the legadillos).

Yes, walking up that hill is a very pleasant activity, especially when it's with my sweetie or my dear friend BABOR. Make sure you walk while I'm gone. I can't make any promises that I'll get much exercise next week. Dean says we're going swimming a lot. There's a swimming hole outside Austin that's freakin' awesome. Just gotta watch out for the snakes.

Donita Curioso said...

Texas is Bubba Central.

Donita Curioso said...

I KNOW!!!!!!! Three times!! Who ARE these people? "You have a great blog. I'm definitely going to bookmark you"????? Blast off, Jack!

I had a little trouble deleting them. I'd like to go to their websites and leave them a bunch of nasty, profanity-laced comments but I'm afraid it would open the floodgates if I contacted them.

Buncha weenies.

Jim said...

Blogger (who provides this blog's site) has a "word verification option" to stop blog spamming; If Donita turned it on, you'd have to enter a nonsense password from one of those weird psychedelic displays every time you entered a comment. You can read more here

What do you think?
Should she turn it on or would that be a turnoff?

vivage said...

I haven't turned it on for my blog because I think they're a pain in the ass. If I were getting spammed all the time I'd do it tho.