Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Outa, outa shape

Kee-ripes! I went up Mt. Rubidoux with Jeff last night and by myself tonight. I hadn't been up there since just before we went on vacation. When we got back there was a big ol' heat wave and then I got sick after going to Mexico. It's been about a month since I've had any real exercise. Golly gosh, I sure can tell!

So, back to it!!!!!! Knock back the calories and crank up the activity. I like it better that way, anyway. Jim's shin splint is all better so he can start walking again. The weather is cooling down. No excuses. And dammit, no more injuries!

8 comments:

vivage said...

I heard there was a mountain lion sighting up there. I have no idea if it was reported in the paper but if it was be careful!

Donita Curioso said...

Well, yes, this is true.

It's just too crowded up there for mountain lions. That one probably just took a wrong turn. Night time might be a problem, tho. I was up there at dusk last night. there were still a lot of people but I could see it would be possible to get snatched.

Thanks!

vivage said...

Maybe dusk isn't a good time to be walking. Or you could wear bells to scare them away.

Jim said...

I unerstand that people in India wear masks (faces) on the backs of their heads to that the tigers don't attack. Don't know if that works with cougars, though...

Donita Curioso said...

HAR! A new fashion trend for Mt. Rubidoux walkers. Cougar masks!

vivage said...

Well, if one of you walks forward and the other backwards there is no need to invest in a mask.

Very cost effective.

Donita Curioso said...

Ok, I'll make Jeff walk backwards.

vivage said...

So did he?