Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Ok, let's try this

Walking up Mt. Rubidoux is good for thinking, too.

I'm giving up the schedule. I'll keep plugging away and work towards getting the workshops going but I'm not going to get stressed over when they'll start. The first workshop might not be about Halloween. I'll just have to do that one next year.

Jim is going to work on getting finished with the appraisal class as soon as possible. We have a contact in the biz and it's possible he could start working before he gets his license. Then we'd have some money coming in. It's better than nothing.

I might get a Christmas job. I should be able to handle doing that and take care of Dad. I can still work on Rancho Curioso when I get the time. After Christmas we'll reassess the situation.

So, I'll keep doing what I'm doing and not get all stressed about Dad's interruptions. If it takes longer, so be it. We'll just need to find a way to make some money, even if it's not a lot.

Ok then.

2 comments:

vivage said...

I'm thinking this is a better idea, I mean not freaking out over a schedule. Flexibility is truly what we all need, to change with the quick changes the parents are dealing with.

Good to see you giving yourself a break.

Donita Curioso said...

At this point I just don't see any other way. I'm still nervous about the money thing but we're a long way from pushing a cart. I just think if I can realize my plans it will be a fun way to earn a living. I want to get to that point as soon as possible.

But then there's the reality of the situation. So, ok, go with it. We're having a little family meeting on Saturday and I'm very interested on what my sibs will have to say.