Sunday, April 05, 2009

Sorry for the gap

I shouldn't let things go so long between posts. So much gets away. I'll just have to fill in some stuff later. But basically what happened was...

Dad died, we had a funeral, lots of relatives, it was good, mostly.
I'm hating my speech class
I went back to work after being off for almost a month.
We're shopping for cars.

My mind isn't really on this right now. I just finished my speech, which is due on Wednesday. I'm tired of looking at this computer screen and my brain is fried. I'm going to go outside and plant some stuff.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you hate your speech class?

dean

VO said...

That was a short speech, I mean post.

Donita Curioso said...

I hate my speech class because the teacher seems to like to pile on the work. Paige is taking the same class with a different teacher and she says they barely have to anything. All they have to do is write the speech and turn in an outline. Anyway, my speech is done and I feel better. It's about the history of Tabasco sauce.

Yeah, short post. I'll catch up on the Dad funeral stuff later.

Nancy said...

Welcome back, Doni!

rytysdad said...

When I took speech at RCC some 30+ years ago it was on glacoma. Yours sounds so much more interesting. I aced the speech class though, because I'm sooooo talented. LOL'
My teacher was Mr. Semonella, husband of the former Drama teacher at Ramona. I hear they're still around.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

I had Semonilla too--but for World Lit. He was pretty good. I guess he has had health problems lately.

I had Kennedy for speech. Inflated ego.

Anonymous said...

When I took a speech class in high school, I was petrified! My speech had something to do with dental health (I can't remember!) I just know I had a tube of toothpaste for a visual aid, and the only one we had at home was 1/2 used, so I guess it looked pretty pathetic. As soon as I got up there with that mangled, crimped tube of Crest everyone started laughing which sort of put me at ease and I somehow made the speech comical to go with the prop!
Whew- I'm glad I don't have to do THAT again!

Mommala

potree-need I say more???