Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Subbing across the hall

It's almost as dead over here.

So! I found out that the cost of my meds ISN'T going up. The person who called me from the pharmacy didn't know what the hell she was talking about. The reason the cost went up is the number of pills was increased from 60 to 200, as per my request to my doc. I just hadn't received confirmation that the request was granted. Puh!

My hallway is looking pretty good. The walls and trim are painted and the chalkboard is being framed. Hoo boy, the green paint is bright. I might go back and tone it down. It looks exactly the way I want it during the day. At night with the lights turned on it's blindingly bright.

I'm going to cover the frame with mosaic. Right now I'm doing a small practice piece to experiment and get my chops up. I dragged out all my mosaic supplies to see if I'll have enough. I do, but not in the right colors. Gonna visit some thrift stores and see if I can find some dishes I can bust up.

I'm also toying with the idea of surrounding the chalkboard with a line of wine corks inside the frame. I'll use them like a cork board. We'll see. I'm also going to hang a shelf over the chalk board.

I found a gnarly wooden bowl at Ross. I'm going to slice it in half and affix the pieces to the wall to hold the chalk and eraser. In my mind's eye this whole thing looks pretty cute. But I'm still not sure about that paint color.

5 comments:

VO said...

What color green did you paint it?

You could do a light wash over it...to tone it down.

How big is the thing? I'm envisioning large and wonder how many bottles of wine do you need to drink to line the frame. LOL, good times!

Nancy said...

I like the idea of cutting a wooden bowl in half for a chalk & eraser holder!
Let us see pictures when you're done!

Anonymous said...

Yep, so do I! Hi Nancy!

mingshau - obviously a dynasty

Anonymous said...

That was Mary, by the way.

Donita Curioso said...

Vo- It's a bright apple green. At first it was the color of Gator Gum. Remember that stuff? I added some Hunter Green to the can and toned it down a notch. Now that I'm doing the mosaic on the frame it's looking better to me. I don't think I want to do a wash over it.

The size is 55X63.

Nancy- My camera is being glitchy. I need to do something about that.

Mary- Hi!

blinged- smacked with ugly gold jewelry.