Tuesday, April 14, 2009

No internet

Whine! My DSL went out at home. I'm blogging from work. If you don't hear from me after you sent me that life or death email it's because I can't get to it. There's a DSL dude coming out tomorrow morning so hopefully it'll get resolved quickly.

Lindsay called this morning and said that someone busted out the back window of her car. Not the car she's had for a while. That one's on its last legs so its parked in my driveway. She has Dad's old Toyota. Dang, she's only had it for a few days AND she had it parked in the fenced-in parking garage at her apartment. There was nothing of value in that car but they decided to clean out the glove box anyway. They took the registration. What a pain in the ass.

My refrigerator started making that fix-me-or-I'm-going-to-explode noise again. A repairman came out and fixed it for $180. Not bad. It was weird dealing with him. He had a HEAVY accent. Not just an accent, he could barely speak english. I'm guessing he was Armenian. Oh man, it was hard to communicate. But he seemed to know what he was doing and now the fridge is cold and silent.

Jeez. This week I wanted to make some progress but it feel like I'm pedaling fast just to stay in one place.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man. I sent you an e-mail the other day that would have CHANGED YOUR LIFE, but it had a 12-hour self-destruct code built in, and I don't remember what it said.

Car crime: going up. People are getting desperate. I used to leave my car unlocked in my driveway until $13 disappeared out of the coin box, and e-mail went around the neighborhood about shady characters in the area.

Back window: We have a lot of back windows busted out from the a hail storm a couple of weeks ago.

Do you still have that mondo stainless fridge with the freezer on the bottom? Yeah, that one you would want to fix.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I did send you an email - still waffling with Lorraine on when and if we're coming down. She wants you to email her the link to your blog because what I sent her didn't seem to work. Do you have her email address?

Thomas rear-ended someone last week on Hwy 80. A small pile-up due to a previous accident. He's ok, but truck is not.....

Mary

VO said...

Pedaling as fast you can - I can so relate.

Donita Curioso said...

Dean- Yes, it's my stainless steel fridge. $180 ain't that much compared with $1,200 to replace it.

Mary- Jesu! I'm glad Tom is ok! I sent Lorraine the blog address.

Vo- I had such high hopes for this week. Oh well, at least one project is making progress.