Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ooh, this is good.

Well, my tiles didn't come today. I decided not to do anything more to the frame until they get here. I want the look to be consistent.

Since I'm not gluing tile to a frame tonight I figured I'd get some housework done. I got a good putter going but I had to keep stopping because I kept getting decorating ideas. It was great. I've been so stymied since moving here. I had some vague ideas for what I wanted to do but nothing was very exciting. Now it's all wild creation popping into my brain. I haven't had this happen in quite a while. I'm diggin' it.

Hoo boy, this house is going to be reeeeally colorful.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Doni! Those unplanned moments stolen in time are great, aren't they?!?

You go girl!

Cheers, Mary

rytysdad said...

I don't think there are too many feelings that match those that are present when the creative juices are flowing like a raging river after a storm.

rytysdad said...

Yeah that's a similie. My third graders helped me come up with that one.

rytysdad said...

whoops that's simile, not similie

Donita Curioso said...

Mary- It's not just that. When I was walking around my house getting all those ideas and being inspired I felt like my old self. Like, my old self before Jim lost his job. My old self back when things were going well and life was just plain fun.

rytysdad- This is John, right? Good simile. Or maybe it's a good smiley. Or a slimey. Anyway, it's an apt description. I was bouncing off the walls and loving it.

imair- Breathe me.

Anonymous said...

Ah. Good, Doni!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Hooray for your old self!

Mommala

Nancy said...

That makes me happy,Doni!

What's this about a cintique? Are you cintiqueing?

Donita Curioso said...

We have a Cintiq and there is great rejoicing in the land, mostly from Lindsay and Kyle. It's a gift from Dan and Carol.

I'm going to have to get Cintiq lessons or something. It has features. It does stuff.

VO said...

I cannot tell you how jealous I am that you got a Cintiq. You will have fun with it!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Doni!!! How can you call this a blog?!?!? It's more like a DOG, I'd say!!!

Mary, with Nancy's blessings!

rensil ~ such rensilience you put up to posting on your blog lately! Geesh!

Nancy said...

Yeah, you're really putting a crimp in my goofing-off-reading-blogs schedule! sheesh.

Anonymous said...

What she said!

Mary

VO said...

ditto

Anonymous said...

Yo, Doni!!!!


Rattle, Rattle, Rattle!

Doni!

Donita Curioso said...

Ok, ok!