Sunday, March 22, 2009

Friday in Austin

We got up early on Friday morning and went to Barton Springs, which is where Dean takes her morning swim. It's a place where a natural spring wells up and they've enclosed the stream bed to make a giant swimming pool. There's a constant flow of clean water running through it so there's no need to use any chemicals. It's a wonderful place to swim but that water is COLD. I can barely handle it on a hot day. Dean swims pretty much year-round in the early morning. Not for Donita.

But the reason I went there was to serenade the swimmers. Kind of silly since the pool is huge and people pretty much had their heads under water but it was still pretty fun. KC was there so I mostly sang for her. We chatted with a few people. It was pleasant.

After that Dean went to work and KC and I went out for breakfast. Then I came home and crashed. I slept good and hard until 1:00. Then I got up and did some homework. Dean came home at 3:30.

A friend of Greg's got us in at one of the venues. Another free event for us. The show was Dent May and his Magnificent Ukulele. It was a fun show. I bought his cd but he was really better live. After that we went to The Belmont and had drinks and listened to the bands. Then we went back to Dean's and lounged on the patio until the wee hours.

My back still hurts. It must be a little better since I can tolerate the pain without taking a T3. I'm going to tough it out so I can give my liver a break. We're leaving soon to go to a poster show. Gonna try to score some free stuff. Then I'll try my hand at busking. I'll for sure be taking a pain pill before I do that.

Ooh, it's pretty breezy right now. Hmmm...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi girls! I'm so glad you're posting; I didn't realize how addicted I am to your writings .... I had thought I remembered you were going to Texas - GOOD FOR YOU!!!

XO, Mary

viatu - Something akin to a vicodin, or via tu, which is: on the way to you - which is what you're doing.

VO said...

Hey, take Motrin instead of Tylenol. Motrin is a anti-inflammatory and Tylenol isn't. And it's easier on your liver.

Hopefully the spasms are gone and you don't need this info.

Donita Curioso said...

Thanks. I'll see if Dean has any. You can also take Tylenol and Motrin combined and it really takes care of the pain. As long as you don't do it for too long you don't have to worry about taxing the liver.

And yes, my back is still squawking. Puh! It's really slowing me down. And when I get home I have to jump in with both feet and clean house and help with funeral prep.

Today Dean and I went and saw Slumdog Millionaire. It's a good movie but I don't think it was good enough to be Best Picture. But I didn't see any of the other contenders so maybe it was good enough. Tonight we are drinking screwdrivers and relaxing on the patio.

Nancy said...

candygram.