Friday, May 15, 2009

Alright, already!

Ok, new post! Sheesh.

Um, what's new? My mosaic project is almost done. I have a few more places to fill in with tiles and then I'll grout it. I'm very pleased with how it's turning out. It looks like a big, colorful necklace on the wall.

Today I'm going to Fullerton to look at a Scion xB. We'll see how that goes. I haven't walked into a car dealership in 15 years. I need to get into tough negotiator mode. Ugh!

I have one more speech to give. It's the persuasive speech. I'm going to talk about the importance of preparing for middle age so you can deal with your parents' old age. I have to find 8 references and only 2 of them can be from the internet. This class requires way too much work. I'll be very glad when it's over.

The demonstration speech went well. I gave a basic ukulele lesson. I had everyone sing The Lion Sleeps Tonight.

I brushed Bozzie yesterday. I pulled enough hair off of him to knit a sweater. Man, that dog has gotten hairy in the last couple years. He's like a Samoyed now. Or a polar bear. He's getting his annual shave soon.

That's about it. I'm still working 2 days a week. I'm sick of school, although the Pilates class is doing me a lot of good. I'll be glad when the car buying/selling project is done. After I'm done with the hallway I'm starting on the bathroom. The wallpaper in there is proving to be more stubborn than the paper in the hall. It's time to resort to chemicals. I've already purchased the paint. It's orange! Kind of like orange sherbet with a hint of tangerine. Some of you are recoiling in horror. Stay with me, it's going to be cute.

I need breakfast and the cat needs her antibiotics.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! We can all stop going through withdrawals now. I'm surprised Dean didn't chime in with us girls. You probably talk with her on the phone, though, huh?

Glad to hear from you!

Mary (and I'm sure, Nancy)

VO said...

One post isn't enough. Regular servings would be better.

Anonymous said...

Whoa- at least we have myspace!!
I love the color choice for the bathroom!

So you're working 2 days/week more than me! They didn't hire me back when the practice got sold- too bad I'll have to be OFF this summer!!!
I actually have to be searching , but in between I will enjoy the weather, my family, and my trips to the Dr. and physical therapy to see what the hell is wrong with my back/hip.
Any jobs in CA I will gladly apply for!
Mommala

Lindsay said...

Whatnow? Cat? Antibiotics?

Donita Curioso said...

Yeah, the other night Ivy acted like she was in pain. She hissed at me when I picked her up and she was walking stiffly. I waited a day to see if it would clear up but it didn't. Also, Paige found a lump on her jaw. I took her to the emergency vet. He said it didn't seem like the lump was the cause of her pain and fever. he said sometimes cats just get sick and you don't know why. He gave her a shot and sent me home with liquid antibiotics. The next morning she was fine. She's ok now but she hates us for catching her twice a day and squirting yucky crap in her mouth.

Anne- I hope you get that back/hip thing figured out. Getting old is a bitch, eh? Good luck with that job search. Man, things are shitty all over. It'll be nice to see you guys this summer.

Mary and Vo- PESTS! Aw, it's ok. Kick my butt if you want to.

suplecop- Gee, officer, your skin is so soft.

Donita Curioso said...

Oh, I forgot. I went to Fullerton to see that car. Um, no, I don't think so. That car was effed up. Even though it looked good on the outside it drove worse than Lindsay's car. It danced all over the freeway. The window controls on both sides had been ripped out and stuffed back in. The headliner was dirty like all the passengers had been guys that were 7 feet tall and had all used Brylcreem. The paint job was this three toned thing that was a different color depending on where you stood to look at the car. It was cool but not quite right. One color was a burnt orange, one was brown and the last one was this greenish yellow that really didn't work well with the scheme.

But I did my first test drive in a Scion xB. It has a good, tight turning radius. My legs don't rub up against the door or the center bit. The seats are kind of high and upright. Not too sure about that. Might not be too comfortable on a long trip. But I'm not going to judge by that car. Overall, I liked it.

Nancy said...

Hooray, Doni's back!
Some people don't like orange? I wore orange pants today!!

Donita Curioso said...

I love orange. But a whole orange room is a bit much for most people. The shower tile is yellow with black trim. I wish gammer and gaffer had kept the original sink and vanity. They ripped it out and put in this oak monstrosity. I'm going to paint it black and change the hardware. I'm hoping that one day I'll find the perfect replacement. The mirror/medicine cabinet is very 70's with a gold frame around three sections of mirror. I'm going to paint that black too.

Remember that black bamboo circular 1940's shelf that I had in the bathroom on Sunny Manor? That's going in above the toilet. Then I'm going to cover the walls with cute ceramic pocket vases. There's also big cabinet in there. That space used to be a closet in the office. They walled it over and opened up the other side. It has four doors, each with a rectangle of trim made to look like panels. I'm going to paint the cabinet green and insert a painting into each of the panels. I found this japanese artist I really like. I downloaded four of his paintings and I'm going to copy them (meaning I'm going to actually paint them) on illustration board and affix them to the doors.

This bathroom will be so cute it'll make you puke.

Tonight I grouted a section of the chalkboard frame. Holy shit, that was hard! I'm going to work in smaller sections for the rest of it. I used unsanded grout, which was a mistake. It's really gooey and hard to wipe off and it kept pulling out of the joints. I ended up polishing each tile piece with cue-tips. My hands are a horrible mess.

I'll work on it some more tomorrow. If I work in smaller sections I think it'll be ok. Man, it made me nervous when I saw how much trouble it was. This frame is really stuck well to the wall. If I fucked it up it would be a major project to fix.

I learned a lot tonight.

Nancy said...

You are so brave! But that's why your stuff is never wishy-washy!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't say we were kickin' your but, Doni ~ it's more of a paddlin', really!

Mary