Friday, March 31, 2006

What a great week!

And a wonderful visit with Dean. I drove her to the airport last night. That left me in a bit of a weird emotional state. The week went by too fast. (Heh, heh! I just found a sunflower seed shell on the desk. Yes, Dean was here!)

Monday we had a goof off day. We searched the barnyard and came up with some items to mosaic. Dean wanted to learn how to do it. We always seem to find an art project to work on when we're together and this time it was mosaic. Dean did a galvanized bucket and I covered a cement cone. She used tiles and broken dishes, I used mirror pieces and flat marbles. Using broken mirror pieces is a little scary. It was the shiny cement cone of DEATH.

On Tuesday we rode the Metrolink to L.A. That was pretty cool. Not the most scenic ride but it's better than driving and parking. We went to Olvera St. and had breakfast. We had a good time but it would have been much better if it hadn't been raining. That put a damper on things. (Sorry) But we still had a good time. We shopped along Olvera St. and I bought some trinkets for the girls.

Wednesday Dean and I walked up Mt. Rubidoux. The view was beautiful but the mountains were obscured by clouds. Dean never got a good view of the mountains the whole time she was here. Danged weather.

Yesterday she finished her mosaic. Turned out pretty well for a first piece. She left it here for me. I just grouted my mirror thing a little while ago. It's taking a long time to set up. The air is a bit damp today.

Last night we had band practice. Dean always enjoys that. She even sang a song with the band. She also did some filming with her new camera. That camera got a workout this week.

It was a good visit. Too short, tho.

I wonder if that grout has set up yet?

3 comments:

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

I think we just missed each other Weds. I cameback from my walk and found your message.

I have had a pretty good exercise week. I have Tues nite off. If that's not do-able, let's do this Weds at 5 for sure.

Please don't leave us hanging and tell us whether or not the grout set.

vivage said...

Ya know we probably have met before, I swear I've got people from my past popping up all over the place. I'll bet if we talked a little more we'd have remembered something that jogged our memories about meeting one another when we were young.

I'm dying to see both of your pieces of art! Danged wet weather!

Heh, being married to the aclaimed solo singer is still tempered by the fact that he farts in front of me. Bwhahahaha.

Donita Curioso said...

Men.

Yes, the grout did set up. It's all cleaned up and beautiful. The pieces weren't all the same level si it still has some sharp edges sticking out. That's a bit of a problem. I'll try to fixd that later. I colored the grout with a little green paint. It really looks good.

Ooh, more movies! I've never had another week that was so well-documented.

Jeff- Yes, let's walk. I had a little vacation from the diet and exercise. I'm ready to get back to it. That is, if my back behaves. I'm going to walk around the tree field tomorrow while we're watching the air show. We'll see how that goes.