Sunday, March 05, 2006

I've been told I'm neglecting me bloggy.

So, I'll write about the weekend so far.

Yesterday we cleaned house and shopped and cooked a big dinner. Kyle is here for the weekend and Rory was here for dinner. Them's my boys. We all had a lovely time. Jim and I found a box of videos that included some early footage of the girls. We watched Lindsay's first birthday party, Paige's birth (not the actual birth, just the bits before and the bits after), Lindsay's ballet recital, Paige's first Christmas, Sally's run. I don't think the girls had ever seen these videos. I loved seeing my babies again and I think even the boys got a kick out of them.

We had ribs for dinner. I'm good at ribs. Paige made dessert. This was a dessert that could seriously injure you if you are anywhere near being a diabetic. We're talkin' brownie with chocolate and vanilla ice cream and Dove chocolate sauce. I skipped it.

Kyle brought Spiral. He getting to be a big boy. Gracie just can't leave him alone. She looooves kittens. He's getting used to her now but if he wants to get away from her he has to walk around on the tables and windowsills.

Later today I'm taking Lindsay and Kyle up Mt. Rubidoux. Paige and Jim might come, too. We'll see. We're going to put a little picnic together and have lunch at the top. This won't be an exercise walk. This will be a leisurely stroll.

Dad came home yesterday. Drew took him to a ball game. Right now he's at chruch. I know he'll be wanting to come over and tell us about his trip but I'd rather spend this time visiting with Kyle and hanging out with our little family. So, I'm glad Dad has activities right now.

We've got both of the "new" cars in decent shape. The Taurus still needs some work done on the brakes and shocks and it needs a new windshield. Lindsay has claimed the Grand Am (Jean-Claude Grand Am). She slapped some flower stickers on it. We're talkin' Rickie-tickie Stickies from the sixties. She installed her dashboard critters.

(Wow. I was out here alone. Now everybody is here except Kyle, who is in the shower. I have an abundance of company.)

That's about it for now.

4 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

Good walk up Rubidoux. Jim and Paige decided to stay home. Lindsay, Kyle and I took some nuts, sliced apples and the rest of the ribs and had a picnic at the top of the hill. We were visited by a couple of Mt. Rubidoux rats. Really they were Miniature Pinschers but they didn't act like dogs. Their movements were rodent-like.

After the hike we got frosty beverages at 7-11.

Jeannie called this afternoon just before the Oscars started and said Dad had taken an envelope of papers that they needed to sell Jenna's car. It had been sitting on their counter with some of Dad's photos. When he left he just grabbed everything. Jeannie said they were going to sign the car over tomorrow. So now we have to drop everything and figure out how to get the title to Texas pronto. Jim stepped up and handled the whole thing. I'm so glad he did because my annoyance switch had been flipped to high. Plus, I wanted to see the Oscars. He took Dad to Kinko's and faxed the title and Fed-Exed everything else. It was a minor crisis but I was very glad I didn't have to deal with it this time. Thank you, Jim.

Easy dinner tonight. We had salad laft over from last night and I threw some chicken breasts on the grill. Tasty and quick.

After dinner we watched the rest of the Oscars (what the hell was that thing with Meryl Streep and Lily Tomlin?) and then Kyle showed us his Riley Racoon pitch. Another good one. I could really see this one having some broad appeal. Good characters.

9:30. Time to get comfy.

vivage said...

We missed the Oscars. I heard via tv that we didn't miss much.

Donita Curioso said...

I mainly wanted to see how Jon Stewart did. He's no Billy Crystal but he was better than Whoopie. I also wanted to see the montage of Dead Stars Of 2005. I must have been outside grilling when that came on. It's always fun to see the dresses. This was an evening of lopsided boobs. It was fun watching it with my family plus Kyle. We were gleefully uber-critical.

George Clooney is gorgeous.

I'm glad Philip Seymour Hoffman won. He's one of my favorite actors.

vivage said...

We saw Stewarts monologue, pretty funny I thought. Like the fashion but will see all of that later. Only saw one of the movies this year so I didn't have any personal faves (since I didn't really like the movie I did see).

bhsag = boob hag with sag