Monday, March 13, 2006

I missed 3 days of exercise.

Feeling blobby. But I went up the Rube today so I'm good.

Had another nice weekend. Kyle was here. We're starting to work on putting together the live TV's Kyle show. Didn't get a whole lot done, just gathering some lyrics. I'm looking forward to really getting to work on some music.

I grilled some steak and chicken on Saturday. It was going to be a nice dinner with Paige and Rory but Jim had to run off and deal with another car crisis. Lindsay clipped a curb and got a flat. The Grand Am has fancy wheels that are a pain to deal with. Jim was gone a long time. And what made it an even bigger bummer was it was sooooo cold outside. So Paige, Rory and I had dinner and a real nice talk.

Kyle pitched Weird Eddie for us. I love watching these pitches. Kyle said he's pitched Weird Eddie eight times and no one was interested. I'm not sure why. i guess the cartoon execs know what they want and Eddie didn't cut it. Had me laughing, tho. Jim was going to video the pitch but he couldn't get the camera to work. He'll have the bugs worked out eventually.

Had a small blow up with Dad this morning. We were talking about Timio leaving and he said he's going to ask Bud Lyon if one of his guys wants to move in out back. When I tried to tell him he shouldn't do that he got nasty real fast. I ended up walking out on him. He can go from zero to abusive in a split second. Gotta talk to the sibs about this one. I don't think it's a good idea to have someone new living here. But hey, whatever.

15 comments:

vivage said...

I'm sorry Jim missed the dinner. Sounds yummy. Poor Weird Eddie, is he too weird or what? Or are the execs just too weird to see the humor?

rpsllx: Rumplestilskin's signature

Donita Curioso said...

I don't think Eddie is any more weird than Sponge Bob. Maybe they're looking for something that's new and different and would have mass appeal. I'm sure Kyle can explain it better (since I don't know doodly squat about the cartoon biz).

I've gotten a little taste of what that's like trying to sell these giftwrap designs. I've gotten tons of positive responses from just about everyone I've shown them to but that doesn't mean the rest of the world will beat a path to my door to pay money for them. People have told me, "These are great! They'll sell themselves!"

Nope.

Well, Jim didn't totally miss dinner. I set some of the meat aside and grilled it for him when he got home so it was hot and tasty. Actually, it was even better since it had extra time to sit in the marinade. Ooh, it was good, too. Teriyaki with lots of fresh grated ginger, garlic, tangerine juice, hot mustard and cilantro. (Dean, I'll make that one night when you're here.)

zhmatwot- Oh, so many things come to mind...

vivage said...

Now that you've read about my hubs garbage dinner you can see how my mouth was watering over your dinner. I hope he breaks out the grill pretty soon, I'm really wanting some steaks.
khueb: shish kabob cube steak

Donita Curioso said...

I dragged ours under the back porch overhang to get out of the rain. I'll grill in the dead of winter, baby!

Ok, here's what I put in my teriyaki marinade. Amounts to taste. Depends on how much meat you have.

Yoshida's sauce
hot mustard
apricot jam
fresh tangerine juice
LOTS of fresh grated ginger
LOTS of cilantro
garlic
pepper
red pepper flakes
sesame oil
about a teaspoon of peanut butter

Slice the meats thin and let 'em soak for a couple hours at least. All day, even better.

vivage said...

Yum, I'm gonna get all this stuff so I can partake. Thanks for posting the recipe!
iomxy: I'm an oxymoron

Donita Curioso said...

I don't usually marinade them over night. Thick steaks can handle it. I usually take a tri-tip roast, slice it real thin and marinate it. Or, I'll slice it thicker if I'm being lazy. Comes out a little different but it's still real tasty. The thin slices are good as an appetizer.

Anonymous said...

I'm unclear as to why Weird Eddie didn't get picked up. It seemed like some people in the room loved it and others just didn't care for it no matter what I did. A common complaint was that it was too talky... even as I cut the talking down more and more. I think it's less talky now than a lot of really great Chuck Jones cartoons. One thing I can tell you for sure: Fred and I are often not on the same page as to what a good cartoon is. I still think there's a chance for at least one of these ideas that I've been pitching lately to be successful somewhere else.

lgaws: The response to a giant kitten.

Donita Curioso said...

Well, we're happy that he saw something in Moobeard that he liked.

Too talky, huh? Um, ok.

itybn- tiny donut

mgwpsto- HUGE pesto

vivage said...

Kyle, Who's Fred? btw, nice to meet ya!

prdrnal: when you prod a nail into your foot for kicks.

Anonymous said...

http://www.frederator.kz/standardbio.php

Fred's the man who let me make MooBeard.

vznza: A delightful italian dish involving deer meat and an overabundance of cheese.

Jim said...

"too many notes." - The Emperor, Amadeus

gvssyulz - give us some midwinter holidays.

Donita Curioso said...

That's it!!! Too many notes for the royal ear!

tkgqjqz- a big throat-singing hit in Tula.

Anonymous said...

Kyle no understanding metaphor.

nqghzda: Nyquil Ghost Mazda (The new hit single from Beck)

Donita Curioso said...

It's from the movie Amadeus. In one scene the king's toadies tell Mozart that the king didn't like a piece because it had too many notes. Too many notes for the royal ear.

uarhse- what Billy should have called Howard just before he quit.

vivage said...

Ohhhh, Fred. He has a very nice headshot of himself on his site.

xlcyxor: cyborg relaxant