Sunday, November 20, 2005

The Mister McGoo of Central Avenue

Yesterday everyone was here. Drew was using a tractor to smooth out the ruts in the driveways. Everyone else showed up here to meet and pick up Dad and go to a big RCC football game in Torrance. The kids were playing, the adults were hanging out and Dad was on a low blood sugar rampage.

He hadn't eaten all day. Looking back I guess I should have shoved a sandwich in his face much earlier but usually he'll eat right after morning meds. Yesterday he kept getting sidetracked. So he's driving around the farm in his car "managing" every activity. Bud Lyon's crew was here tagging trees, David the junk guy was here. At one point he snagged Paige, Tori and Audra and put them to work figuring out price percentages on cut trees. Ok, we're not even getting any cut trees this year. He saw the girls and thought they needed to be put to work. And he wasn't nice about it, either. They made the excuse that they needed to find a calculator and left.

At one point I saw him eating an apple so at least he had that. I left to go to Subway to get sandwiches for everyone. When I got back Jim told me that Dad had run his car into one of Bud's trucks. I guess he banged it pretty good. Dad was acting like it was no big deal but I'm pretty sure everyone else was upset about it. I got back after things had died down a bit but everyone was still walking around giving each other exasperated looks.

They left for the game, the girls stayed here. We decided to go to the movies (Except Jim. He was in hardware mode). We saw Zathura. I thought it was pretty good except there were some holes in the story that didn't get fully explained. The character of the sister wasn't fully fledged. The movie needed a little more cooking.

When we got home I set up the beading stuff in the living room and helped Audra and Tori make some bracelets. They were watching something completely lame on the Disney channel. When that show was over another one came on that was even worse. I suggested we watch Jumanji because we had just seen its sequel but they so totally were not interested because this gem of a piece of shit show was on Disney.

They left at around 10:30. To purge my system I watched Hedwig And The Angry Inch.

Today we're having our family Thanksgiving at Stacey's. No turkey. We're making a very nice steak dinner. So, I'd better get to the store.

5 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

Hooweee, that was a good dinner tonight. Steak, chicken, green salad, tomato salad, artichoke dip, aioli baguettes, baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn on the cob and pie, cake and cookies for dessert. Lindsay and Paige brought their boyfriends. Stacey said that made her feel old. Seems like it wasn't that long ago when WE were the ones bringing boyfriends to Thanksgiving dinner.

But it was.

Jim said...

We are fortunate to belong to a nice family group.
Twas an overall good day.

Donita Curioso said...

Yep, twas.

bspecsvv- Virginia got new glasses?

vivage said...

Damn, I really do need bspecsvv.

I cannot see out of the ones I'm wearing.

efowe: a mushy cereal eaten with a chicken leg bone.

Donita Curioso said...

Ah, the caveman's breakfast.