Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Progress

Progress can be slow. I didn't get as far as I would have liked. I had to go to Home Depot and spend $8 on bolts, washers and nuts. Gotta go back for more. But it's coming together. Boy, my hands sure are dinged up. Paige helped me a little today.

I think it's going to turn out ok but it won't be exactly plumb and square. It's going to take a lot of dirt to fill the bottom box but I have a plan for that. Along the far side of my house the ground slopes towards the foundation. Poor yard drainage is one of the issues of this house. I'll be taking dirt from that area and moving it to the bottom of the bunny cage. I'll shape the ground into a nice, shallow trench so that side of the yard can drain. Good stuff.

It looks like we've got new neighbors to the back. They were playing mariachi music yesterday and the two, big, obnoxious dogs that were there are gone. Those dogs worried me a little. The fence isn't very high along the back of the yard. If those dogs ever got sufficiently inspired they could've climbed over it. Of course, Boz was no help. He'd get into barking matches with them every once in a while. Working on the cage has been much more pleasant without them.

I got a new cell phone. It has a QWERTY keyboard and teeny, tiny buttons. I can text, but I can't see. Progress.

5 comments:

vivage said...

I am not a fan of hearing other peoples music. It's nice they want to share but mostly I don't like it.

Cool that you got a new phone. What kind?

Lindsay said...

I'll take mariachi music over those stupid dogs any day.

So the new phones arrived? Whee! Kyle and I will be over this weekend. :D

Donita Curioso said...

Virginia- I actually like mariachi music, especially if it's older and more traditional. And they were playing it fairly quietly in their own back yard. But yeah, usually I'm not interested in other people's music.

The phone is a Samsung Alias. When I get home I'll post a link so you can see it. Mostly I like it but it has some drawbacks. Like the keyboard size and the charging port. It has this tiny, little door that really feels like it could easily snap off. I don't know why it couldn't just have an open port.

Lindsay- Yep, they're here. I was going to activate yours but you need to turn off your old phone to do it.

VO said...

A lot of peeps like mariachi music, I just don't. I think I associate it with leering men who stare at you while playing.

At least I can yell at the dogs to shuddup, I can't really do that with those mariachi guys.

Donita Curioso said...

Heh! You could try.