Sunday, November 09, 2008

AAAIIEEEEE!!!!!!

We lost water pressure. I opened the water heater closet and heard water rushing. I got a mirror and looked behind the water heater. One of the soldered joints that the plumber made was squirting water up in the air. Shit!

I called the plumbing company and told the guy what was happening. Snarky little bastard asked me how I knew it was their fix if the water heater was in front of it. He said since they didn't install the water heater they couldn't touch it. He also told me they wouldn't be able to come out until tomorrow. He said they didn't go out on call backs on the weekend. He told me several things that didn't fuckin' fly with me. Stuff like it's going to take him and another guy three hours to reinstall the water heater. We had quite a little argument. He finally agreed to have someone come out today but I'd have to get the water heater out. When I called him back and told him we had it out he said he'd have someone here in about three hours. Grrr....

So, here I sit. My water heater sits in the hall. How much you wanna bet the plumber doesn't show up this afternoon?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

RRrrrrrr. What a jerk. Here's one for you: had a guy out a month ago to fix my doorknob. It's coming off again.

-dean

epeth--shorthand cursing

vivage said...

Grrrrrr. I detest weinies.

supatoc - greeting your doctor when you have a cold.

Donita Curioso said...

He showed up and fixed it. Drew came back and hooked everything back up. We're in business again. Still, it was a pain in the ass.

I had the kids help me put the old water heater in my car so I could take it to the metal recycling place. I also loaded up our old barbeque and some metal bed parts. I called the recycling place and listened to the recording of their hours. Then I drove over there and realized that today is Sunday, not Saturday. Doh! If they're closed tomorrow it will be Wednesday before I can get all that metal crap out of my car. Gonna take the water heater on a little tour. How silly.

I'm going to take a hot bath. I can do that now, you know.

Nancy said...

You are wonder woman. I feel like a slug compared to all you got done in the last few days. I hope the plumber admitted that they'd caused the problem!

Donita Curioso said...

Oh yeah, they admitted it. We still had to deal with the water heater but it's much easier removing one that's just been put in.

I found another leak this morning in the other bathroom. The wall by the shower is damp and punky. The former owners did some remodeling in that bathroom and it looks like they left an access panel for those pipes. I'll look at that another day. I need a break from plumbing woes. I wonder if the other houses in this neighborhood are as leaky as this one.

borpe- the sound of dripping water: borpe...borpe....borpe

Billy Canary said...

Call Phil the Plumber.Phil Tonkin. He does all the work for the Backstreet and he's excellent. ereldi

vivage said...

I don't know if you are interested but did you know there is probably a lot of copper inside that water heater?

Donita Curioso said...

Well, they can have it. I don't own a cutting torch.

The metal recyclers wouldn't take the water heater. They told me to call the city. They're picking it up on Thursday. Finally the water heater drama will be over.

I had a good, productive day today. The house looks like hell but I got a lot done. I have a nice, big pile waiting to go to Second Time Around. I cleared out the sun room and did some re-arranging. I'll pull some more out of the garage and sort through it, get rid of some crap and store the rest in the sun room. I want to get as much as I can out of the garage so I can get in there and rip out the badly built shelves, paint and set up my shelves and cabinets. Then I can put tools away and finally KNOW where the hell everything is. Tra-la-la!

Excuse me for thinking out loud here.

So, now the house is more blasted than it already was. Progress can be messy.