Friday, November 07, 2008

One more push

To get the water heater done. Well, maybe two. Home repair is almost never easy.

I bought the water heater last night. The installation kit isn't quite right. Gotta take that one back. I bought a different one at Home Depot. That one's not right either. A kit won't do. I have to buy individual pieces. At least I think I'm on the right track now. But I'm not working on it tonight. I need a break from all this stress.

The water heater is only one of my issues. Gracie just isn't doing well and I think I need to have her put down soon. She's almost 14, which is pretty old for a large breed dog. Her hair isn't growing back as much as I'd like. The weather is turning cold but she doesn't want to sleep in the house if the other dogs are outside. And then there's Lady, who drives us all nuts.

I just read a news story about a crazy asshole who beat a six-month-old puppy to death. The puppy belonged to a friend of a friend. The story made me very angry.

I'm very happy that Obama won but I've got to stop reading the political stuff for a while. The death eaters are plotting their revenge.

So, tonight I could go to a show in LA, but I'm not sure I want to drive home late at night by myself. I have to think about it some more. Or, I could go see Annie, Get Your Gun, which is the show Bill is in right now. I was planning to do that tomorrow night. Decisions, decisions.

6 comments:

Billy Canary said...

Don't go!
I'm not in it!
I recused myself a week or so ago!
Life on the wicked stage was not for me!

Donita Curioso said...

WHAT?!? Can you do that? Do they have a brilliant understudy? Wassa deal, dude?

Well, the decision has been made. I'm going to see Patton Oswalt. I took a nap so the drive home won't be a problem. As for tomorrow night, I guess I'm not going to see Bill's brilliant performance so, let's do something ukey.

Anonymous said...

C, C7, F, C
G7 C
with the D7 G7 vamp is always nice!!!

Mary

Nancy said...

Hana Hou Mary!

Donita Curioso said...

Heh! Thanks, Mary, for the progression. it's a first here at Donita Curioso. Hana Hou-ba-loo!

Paige and Gabe went with me to see Patton Oswalt. We met Lindsay and Kyle there along with their friend, Erin. The Fake Gallery is this tiny place that's an art gallery/performance space. We're talkin' tiiiiny. Patton Oswalt went on first. I'm glad we didn't have to suffer through all the other acts before we got to hear him. We suffered through them anyway, but it was nice seeing him first.

The dude killed. It was exactly what I needed. My face hurt from laughing so much. The other guys pretty much sucked. The last guy was pretty good. His jokes were funny and he did that old vaudeville cigar box thing. He also rolled a cheeseburger on a chinese parasol, which was much more impressive than it sounds.

Afterward we went to House of Pies. I had a shrimp salad. The coffee was good. I was glad to have Paige and Gabe with me on the drive home. Paige and I had a nice chat. I told her about one of my San Diego memories. Hey, Dean! Remember when Gary had that Jaclyn Smith cardboard cut-out and he cut a hole in the crotch and then stood behind it and put his dick through the hole? Ah, memories.

Anonymous said...

I had forgotten all about it. You'd think an event like that would stick more vividly in mind, wouldn't you?

-dean