Thursday, October 23, 2008

Kittens!

Well, not kittens anymore. They've reached the teenage stage. Lindsay and Kyle's friend, Sam, was here last weekend with her friend, Gary, who is a photographer. Sam wanted to get a photo of Ivy so she can be featured as Pet-of-the-Month at the pet store where she does design work. When Ivy was a teeeny, starving kitten she was hanging around Sam's house. When they finally caught her they brought her to me. About a week later Paige and I went to Petco and got Lio.Our Ivy. She was nervous about having strangers in the house and when they started calling her to have her photo taken she knew something was up. It took a while to find her. She was not too happy about the noisy camera.

Hmmm, having trouble uploading images. I'll do the best I can here and edit it later.
Lio was much more relaxed about the whole thing. He posed all day. Lio is awesome. He's my panther boy. He's also the most affectionate cat I've ever had.Spiral is one of Kyle's cats. He's a little shy but usually pretty friendly. But not when he doesn't want his picture taken. I think he was worried that Gary was trying to steal his soul.A good one of Lio.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Those are great pictures!!!

Spiral certainly does look a little worried!

I especially love the Lio one with the green ball. gorgeous!

Lindsay said...

Gary did such an awesome job with the photos, especially considering three out of the four cats he photographed wanted NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM. =P

Donita Curioso said...

Nancy- I love that picture of Lio. I did a little Photoshopping on it. In the original he looks like he has dandruff. I took out the white flecks and added just a little more color to his eyes. I used the ball (actually, that's his favorite mousie) as the source for some of the green in his eyes.

Lindsay- The photos are just beautiful. For some reason Blogger doesn't want to upload some of them. I'll try again later.

It was pretty funny that day. Gary got a LOT of pictures of Lio because Lio is such a ham. Everyone else wanted to hide.

Anonymous said...

Ooh. Real photographers know how light works, don't they. Those a pretty.

Donita Curioso said...

Heh! That's why he put Lio in the bathroom!