Monday, March 24, 2008

I'm weak

Yowza. I went up the Rube this evening. I didn't do the whole walk, just up to the bridge and then back down. Boy, I was slow. I won't have time to exercise tomorrow because it's my long day, but man, I'd better do it on Wednesday. On Thursday we're supposed to uke it, which means Jeff and I will walk beforehand. I gotta get regular exercise. I didn't take very good care of myself last year. I am weak, weak, weak.

On Saturday morning I got my hair cut. Lopped off about 6 inches. It might be a bit shorter than I really wanted but it looks ok. That afternoon I went to Jeff's mom's place with Bill and a couple of his friends. Jeff met us there. We were there to witness the signing of her will. Jeff's been wanting to get that done for months but it was hard to get enough people together to get over there. Fortunately, she was quite lucid so it all went smoothly. Afterward we went to Killarney's for dinner. Mmm, Smithwick's.

Easter was pleasant. The girls were off with their boys so I went to Stacey and Scotty's for the Brown's Easter party. I took Eddie bun in the cat carrier. She was the hit of the party. The kids just loved her and she was so good with them. If you hold Eddie on her back she just zones out. I had all the kids hold her "like a baby" and Eddie just relaxed and was completely still. Even the really little kids could hold her. What a good bunny. When I got home I saw that the neighbors down the street were having an egg hunt in their front yard. I took Eddie down there so the kids could meet the Easter bunny. Two parties in one day. Next year we should advertise.

This morning I took Vesuvius to the vet to get him fixed. Even though Eddie and Walnut are fixed Vesuvius wouldn't leave them alone. Ah, Spring. All the girls at the vet just gushed over Vesuvius. He really is a pretty rabbit. He's black with white around the eyes and inside his ears. His underside is white-ish. His fur is extremely soft, much softer than Eddie's and Walnut's. He looks like a toy.

Kyle had his wisdom teeth out today so he's staying here to recuperate. That means Spiral and Inky are here too. Ink is the kitten we found last summer, the one that was a bag of bones and probably one day away from death. Well, now she's big and healthy and very pretty. Kinda skitty, though.

Man, that walk kicked my butt.

No comments: