Saturday, May 16, 2009

Progress

I grouted another section this afternoon. I think this one turned out better. I kept it small this time. Charlie wanted to help. She's so funny. When I was doing the tiling she kept stealing tiles. Sometimes I'd be in another room and I'd hear a plate of tiles being turned over. I don't know why she found them so fascinating. I keep finding bits of tile and broken dishes all over the house.

Tonight I worked out in the garage. I now have a BIG pile of stuff to take to the thrift store. I'm really trying to make sure that more goes out than comes in. Every time I go out to the garage I look around and see if there's anything I can delete. Having so much crap is a big energy suck.

My digital camera has fritzed out on me. I'm going to buy a new one and start taking pictures of some of the big ticket items I want to get rid of. They'll either go on eBay or Craig's List. I still have all of Jim's music equipment. It's just gotta go. I found some Hammond parts that I'm going to ship off to the Hammond repair guy. I've sent him a lot of stuff like parts and manuals. I wouldn't want to try to sell it, I just want it out of here. There's also a bunch of stuff that Lindsay and Kyle maybe could use. The next time they're here we'll get that figured out.

I want to go through the Christmas bins and see what can be pared down. Halloween, too. I think I can be more ruthless with myself if I go through all that stuff mid-season. Halloween is still out of control. I'm pretty much done with it anyway. Last year I got almost no trick-or-treaters. They just don't want to come up the hill and no one up here decorates or gives out candy. I was the only one. And I'm NOT going to do the traveling Halloween show anymore. Way too much work.

I've been feeling a bit off the last few days. Emotionally, I mean. I'm kind of aimless and I keep feeling like whatever I'm doing isn't what I should be doing. Sometimes I like having the house to myself, but the rest of the time I really hate living alone. Paige is here only half the time and she never sleeps at home. I'm here alone every night. Nope. Don't like it.

Most of the time that doesn't bother me. Not much, anyway. It's just lately I've been in a funk about it. I guess I'm still adjusting. Maybe that's why I'm focused on getting rid of things.

And I'll be soooo glad when this semester is over. Tomorrow I really need to work on my last speech.

I don't wanna.

8 comments:

VO said...

How was the dinner thing?

Maybe the girls can arrange to have some grandkids to fill up the house?

Donita Curioso said...

Heh! That may be a while. Anyway, they won't be living in Riverside. Lindsay and Kyle are in L.A. and Paige can't wait to get out of this boring, conservative town. No, I think once this house is a bit more together and both girls are completely moved out I'll get a roommate.

The dinner thing was pretty boring. It's a good thing you guys had other plans. I was out of there in an hour. Some of the food was very good, though. The best were grilled teriyaki scallops, salmon wontons, jerk lamb and beef, and some thinly sliced medium rare steak piled on toasted bread with a ginger-flavored cream cheese spread (to freakin' die for). After I ran out of tasting tokens there was really nothing else to do. I'm sure for a lot of people there it was the social event of the season. Everyone was having a pretty good time but that's all there was to it. Eating and chatting and $4 beer.

hyopi- Say hello to the kid from Mayberry

VO said...

Roommates = scary. But if you get a good one not scary.

We've had good and bad ones when we had roommates.

You should have called us when you left, you could have joined us. Not that it was all that exciting but it was a relaxing evening sitting there.

Donita Curioso said...

I thought about it but wasn't sure. It was a family thing.

VO said...

Ah you could have joined us. We're casual. Whoever is with us is family.

Anonymous said...

"Completely moved out?" Did you say "Completely moved out?" Now I'm not knocking your girls at all - I love them both! I thought Jon's kids were completely moved out ....... not!

Mary

ourei ~ ourei ve!

Donita Curioso said...

Well, at least moved out of the bedrooms. I figure I'll be storing their stuff for quite some time. But hey, if they're not living here then I'm going to use those bedrooms! I can envision an art studio/gym in Lindsay's room and Paige's room would be a guest room or space for a roommate.

Charlie and I went for a long walk tonight. Boy, I really needed it. It was a good way to end a pretty good day. I was productive, although I didn't work on my speech at all. The rough draft is due on Wednesday. Things are really dead at work right now so I can spend 8 hours on the thing on Tuesday.

Another big pile of stuff is ready to be taken to the thrift store. More organizing was done in the garage. Major puttering took place in the house. A mountain of laundry has been washed. Another section of the mosaic has been grouted.

I'm tired.

Anonymous said...

And you're doing a really good job!

Mary

autilap - the automatic lap, ha, ha!