Thursday, March 12, 2009

Me sicko

Man, being sick is a drag. Even if it's just a wimpy cold it still sucks. Right now my chest is congested and my head is completely clogged. It's pissing me off because I don't have time for this. I'm leaving for Texas on Wednesday and when I get back I'll be joining the flurry of funeral preparations. Family members are flying in. Lots of them. All I want to do right now is clean my house and I can't do it. After about five minutes of picking up I get completely worn out. Man, I hope this gets better tomorrow.

I'm not going to go back to work until after it's all over. I'll take a bit of a financial hit but it's not like I was really raking it in to begin with. Missing a few days won't make that much difference and I can make it up in April.

What I wouldn't give for one clear nostril.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Achhhh- I've been sick since Monday too- it really sucks. Good thing I'm unemployed right now!
Hope you feel better real soon- you definitely don't want to fly with congestion-Dayquil? Hot steamy bath?
Seems like everything caught up to you at once.

*will someone please give this lady a freakin' BREAK??*

Mommala

furthers- a 'little' bit farther away

VO said...

Oh yeah, Anne is right, flying while congested is the pits.

Sending lots and lots of get well thoughts your way.

And thoughts about giving you a break as well!

Anonymous said...

Afrin, baby. Afrin and Nyquil. Let Afrin clear your nose and Nyquil knock you out tonight so you can get a good eight hours. The sleep is the actual medicine. The medicine just lets you sleep.

(Side effects include seeping tweeters, heated skiffs, and bloated flavenoids.)

dean