Friday, January 30, 2009

Jeez Louise

It looks like Hell exploded in my garage. But that's what progress looks like sometimes. I got a lot done. I decided I'll never be able to get everything out of the garage and store it someplace while I'm doing all that I want to do in there, so I'm doing it in halvesies. I'm going to get one side completely cleaned out and get it set up the way I want and then move stuff around and work on the other half. Today I demolished a useless cabinet and gained about twelve square feet of floor space. I consolidated several boxes and I now have a huge pile of stuff for Second Time Around. I also found a lot of tools.

I'm very dirty.

I'm getting all giddy about setting up my workshop area. It's going to make such a huge difference. Every time I try to do something around here I always spend way too much time trying to find the right tools and supplies. Often I get discouraged and give up. It's going to be great to be able to go out there and go straight to whatever I need. Such joy! How shall I bear it?

Gracie and Lady were driving me nuts out there. Gracie always wants to lay right where you're working. She was always like that (we called her Gracie underfoot) but now she's old and can barely walk and she's half blind and mostly deaf so once she's down it's hard to get her to move. And Lady makes me want to beat the shit out of her so she'll want to stay away from me. That is the most annoying dog in the world. Every time I turn my back she's nosing me in the leg. EVERY TIME! If I'm carrying something heavy she gets right in front of me and stops. She is also deaf so you can't yell at her to move. I'm always waving my arms at her to get her away from me. You can't kick her, she's too quick. You know how on those documentaries about Africa they always show the hyenas bugging the shit out of some poor animal that keeps trying to defend itself until it's completely worn out and just lays down and allows itself to be ripped apart? THAT'S what it's like to be working in the garage with Lady nearby. That's how it is anytime I'm trying to do work in the back yard. Paige and I hate her. I hope everyone won't think I'm the worst person in the world if I decide to take her to the pound. Because, I'm pretty sure that day is coming. She's also aggressive towards Lio and Charlie and even Gracie sometimes. She's just a big source of stress. Oh well.

Heh! Boz was the one who had the most sense today. He found a shady spot and took a snooze.

Ok, I have half an hour to goof off before show rehearsal.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, think about it this way ... A whole lot of new entities came into Lady's world. One moves her mouth and waves her arms, but that's all she's good for. All of the other animals are a pain, and you don't live where you used to, and no one asked your opinion. Irritated? You bet! She knows to avoid the foot, yet nose the leg - it probably got her attention in a past life....

(Yes, I'm laughing as I post this...)

Mary

bolyti - Oh, the poor little bolyti pie, she's just misunderstood.

VO said...

LOL, it sounds like Lady wants to be your best friend. You're her person and she'll defend you from the other animals.

Nice you got so much garage cleaned out with all the doggie distractions.

wistle - lisping whistle

Donita Curioso said...

It's nice of you to make an attempt to understand her. I think you're much better equipped to deal with her than I am. I'll be shipping her up to you tomorrow. Be on the lookout for a big cardboard box with air holes.

Or maybe I'll just forego the air holes.

puslyin- You can never believe anything that cat says.

Donita Curioso said...

Ok, Vo beat me to the post. I was talking to Mary here. But, Vo, you're much closer than Mary. I could save the cost of postage and dump her in your yard. She's bigger than a chihuahua.

Anonymous said...

Buckethead and I looked at each other when you told us Lady'd be coming via parcel post, and he said he'd be happy to have her - We both got a good laugh out of "Not! - puslyin!"

Mary

Donita Curioso said...

I knew it! if Buckethead can't handle you playing a uke he's NOT going to like being nosed every five seconds.

VO said...

Oh! I am so sorry but our house is full up. We can only have an equal number of males and females in the house. It's my OCD.

Anonymous said...

That lady is a tramp. -dean

Donita Curioso said...

That's no lady, that my &$%%#@!!!!! dog.