Friday, December 12, 2008

Working on songs

I want my Christmas song book to be a lean, mean, fightin' machine. At the luncheon the other day I had a hard time with some of the songs- Print too small, wrong key, wrong chords, unfamiliar arrangements. I got every third song right. I didn't like having it all be so schlocky. But it was thrown together at the last minute so I'm willing to forgive myself. But I want it all to be right for the next two parties. We have ours on the 19th and the Health Services party is on the 22nd.

I've added some songs to the book plus a table of contents page. I'm going through them one by one making sure they're right. I'm practicing tricky chord changes.

But I need to stop now because m eyeballs are tired and I have to get up early and go to work. Got the Twelve Days of Christmas stuck in my head.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was that the gig you got from Fabulous Donita Day?

-dean

VO said...

Everyone's gonna be rockin' to the smooth sounds of Yule Donita!

Yule rule.

Unknown said...

Wanna do a "Santa Monica" Youtube vid with me this weekend? Nothing complicated, just singing it live into Lindsay's laptop.

endet: I am! I am! Pushy-ass word verification.

Anonymous said...

Tiono--Italian restaurant owner

I don't have anything to say; I just couldn't pass up "tiono".

-dean

Donita Curioso said...

Dean- Yep, that's the one. The woman who asked me to do it has written me twice since then just to tell me how excited she is about it. Holey moley!

Vo- It'll either be great or I'll bomb and end up looking like a fool. I have to somehow not care too much about it so I don't get too nervous.

Kyle- Sure! Sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

Dingshe - the Asian fellow who makes all the food in Tiono's Italian restaurant!

Mary