Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Furniture everywhere

Today Drew and I moved furniture. They're clearing out Mindy's mom's house in preparation for their estate sale. So much stuff. Good stuff, too. Lindsay and Kyle are getting a lot of it. When they settle into their own apartment it'll be completely furnished. I took a bedroom set (mid-cent-mod) and two end tables and the coffee table from the living room. These are really beautiful pieces. Dorothy and Norman (Mindy's parents) bought quality. And right now every bit of it is in my living room and family room. We need to store everything here until Lindsay and Kyle can take it. I need to get Paige to clean her room so we can move in my two dressers. I think I'll put the bedroom set in my room. Haven't decided yet. Anyway, there's lots of cleaning and moving to be done. I also need to do some minor repairs.

So, once again it looks like I just moved in.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come January we'll be able to take some of it, and store some of it in my room, since I'll be taking my bed. :)

Ungea: Ungus' little sister, who is remarkably polite and well-behaved.

Donita Curioso said...

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be here long. I want to order some slip covers for the sofa and chair so the kitties don't instantly destroy them. They're in great shape.

Nancy said...

I'd Love to see photos!

Yesterday I was in a furniture consignment shop that had so many great 60's pieces! There was a rattan couch, and this great square teak corner table with 2 levels, the bottom level had a fiber-weave surface. It was very cool. I love that stuff.

Donita Curioso said...

Heh! Go to bed!

So, did you buy those pieces? I need a big Eichler house so I can stuff it full of cool, old furniture.