Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'm feeling blobby

I'm going up the Rube. I haven't been up there in over two months.

Later...

Ah, that was good. Just as I was finishing the walk Jeff pulled up. I guess I should have called him but I figured he'd be busy. Oh well.

Tonight I am dyeing. I get almost all of my clothes on eBay these days and most of it is silk. Sometimes the color isn't quite right, either because the actual piece didn't match the photo, or sometimes price is right even if the color isn't something I like. Silk takes dye really well so it's not a problem. I had seven pieces that needed a color adjustment and since I'm running out of clothes I figured I'd better dye them and add them to the mix. It's a bit of a project but once it's done, it's done. And it's like getting free clothes!

Kyle and Lindsay were visiting this weekend. Kyle always brings his cats and usually they all get along ok. Ink is kinda bitchy, tho. She and Ivy get into some scraps and today she took a swat at Ivy and caught her in the eye. I saw her sitting in the tv room looking kind of stunned with one eye shut and tearing. It stopped after a while and she was able to open it. She'll probably be ok but I'm going to keep checking on her. I don't want it to get infected. Poor Ivy! I'm hoping she'll learn to stay away from Inky. Ink and Spiral will be here for a week while Kyle and Lindsay are in New York. Ivy might need goggles.

Kitty drama.

11 comments:

VO said...

Maybe you could dye all the kitties and then they won't recognized each other and they can make new friends again.

Donita Curioso said...

How do you dye a black cat? I'd need to spray paint them. And for Ink to make new friends I think I'd have to dunk them all in tuna juice.

I took Ivy to the vet this morning. She had a fever which means she wasn't dealing with it as well as I'd hoped. The doc sent us home with eye ointment and antibiotics. He said getting a scratch on the cornea like that is very painful. Poor girlie! he also said with the way cats swipe at each other all the time he's amazed he doesn't see more eye injuries. i guess Inky got in a lucky shot.

promyxrr- the drinking party before the prom

VO said...

I think you can use a bleach pen on Inky. Maybe bleach out a skull and crossbones? Inky sounds badass if you cross him/her.

Donita Curioso said...

Heh! Ink is only a badass to Ivy and Lio. Really, she'd rather hide in a closet. When she first started coming here we wouldn't see her for most of the weekend. She's getting more brave now and starts roaming around the house right when she arrives. She's beautiful, really gorgeous. She's a long-haired tuxedo kitty. You just want to pick her up and snuggle her because she's so pretty. But you can't because she's a sour puss. She likes Kyle, though. I'm not sure how she feels about Lindsay. Really, she should be more grateful. We rescued her from the jaws of death.

VO said...

She's badass in your kitty neighborhood so she deserves a cool skull and crossbones.

Kitties who are aloof want to take over the world. They are just biding their time.

Donita Curioso said...

You keep making that skull and crossbones suggestion and Kyle just might do it. He would dig the pirate connection.

I'm finished with History class! Whee!

VO said...

Argh matey!

orkforde - where pirates ford the orks.

Unknown said...

The jolly roger would only make sense when Ink is at your place. At home, she's a sweetheart all the time. She may not be venturing back to Riverside after Christmas. Beyond fighting, she just doesn't seem to be happy away from home. I don't know why. Some weekend I'll experiment with just bringing Spiral and leaving Ink alone to see how she handles it.

blytics: The politics of Nellie Bly.

Donita Curioso said...

She might miss Spiral. Or she might like the time alone. Anyway, she's a cat and most of them don't travel well. Spiral seems to do just fine.

Unknown said...

Linds and I did a search on YouTube for red point siamese (which Spiral appears to be), and we got tons of videos of cats that act just like Spiral. His special brand of goofiness may be simply indicitive of his breed!

Donita Curioso said...

Oh that's wonderful! It's great to get a definitive diagnosis so you know that there are others out there who are going through the same thing. Do they have a support group or something?