Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Big ticket item

Spending a big wad of money always makes me nervous. But I wanted it and I planned for it and I think it'll be good for my health, so I'm considering it a good investment. I ordered a treadmill today. It's a Sole and it'll be here within two weeks. Paige and I need to get Lindsay's room cleared out. Really, I should paint it before the treadmill gets here. That might happen. I think that room would be a more pleasant space to exercise in if the walls are painted.

Now that I've made the commitment I'm looking forward to it. I want to get a cheapo dvd player and a wall bracket for my small tv. We really could have a nice little gym in there. We'll see how much space is leftover once the treadmill gets moved in. I'm hoping there's room for a floor mat.

Ooh, this'll be cool. I love treadmills.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I were closer. I'd lend you this wonderful floor mat I bought used that I don't use but I can't stand to give away. It's as thick as a professional tumbling mat and it folds in fourths--you might remember it. Lindsay and Paige slept on it when they came to Texas a million years ago. I'd mail it to you, but it'd cost more than I paid for it.

Look for one used. It's about 3.5 by 8 feet. It's all the room and all the cushioning one person needs.

It's just like these: http://www.greatmats.com/products/gym-mats.php?gclid=CNOv95rLk54CFRtO2godBViA7g . It must be the 4 x 8 x 2 (thick). Wow. I didn't realize how expensive those are. I only paid $80 for it. I think I'll get it out of the garage and treat it better.

dean

Anonymous said...

P.S. KC sure loves her treadmill. She's got hers set up just like you want yours: TV and DVD player dead ahead.

Donita Curioso said...

I have a mat. Well, a sort of a mat. I found this foam sheet at school. It was part of the inner packaging for a new dry erase board for one of the classrooms. It's made of the same kind of foam as the mats we used in Pilates class. I'm going to cover it with fabric so it'll feel better against my skin. I think it's a good size. I don't think I'll have room enough for the kind of mat that you describe. But I won't know until get get the treadmill set up.

If that doesn't work out I wonder if I could find something on craigslist.

Donita Curioso said...

Wow, I looked at the Great Mats. Those are really nice.

rytysdad said...

I found a mat on Craigslist. Located In Fontana. It might work for you. http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/spo/1466987100.html

VO said...

I highly recommend a manduka mat but they are pricey. http://www.manduka.com/store/home.php?cat=254 I have the black one that I use for yoga.

Other yoga mats are available for much, much cheaper. All of them are very easy to clean, you won't slip on them either. And they stay put.