Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ok, ok...

New post. Sorry for the lull.

I have a lot to write about. I might get to it all, I might not. I went to Missouri. I'll post photos eventually. The Carrozzas are visiting!

I'm almost finished painting my bedroom. I took a break from working on the bathroom because right after I got back from MO the furniture repair guy delivered my bedroom set. Since I don't want to spend the next few months with a living room so full of furniture you can't walk through it I figured I'd dive in and do my bedroom. Right now I have the entire contents of my bedroom (except my big set of shelves and my mattress), plus the new/old walnut bedroom set in the living room. There's no place to sit!

I'm a little unsure about the color I've chosen. I liked the periwinkle color of my bedroom at the farm and I thought it would go well with the warm tones of the wood furniture. But right now it's looking very blue and very dark. I guess I should withhold judgment until I get it all put together.

Yesterday I did a quickie project. I have this vanity chair that's, like, the total classic vanity chair. It's small with a metal frame that has a curlicue design on the back. I got it at a garage sale. Someone had painted it purple, sprinkled glitter all over it and covered the seat with purple contact paper. Butt ugly but it worked well in the room. Yesterday I spray painted the frame silver and covered the seat with new foam, batting and some sage green curtain fabric. I'm quite pleased with the result and the fabric cushion is way more comfortable than sitting on vinyl contact paper.

So, I'll finish painting the room tomorrow and I'll probably move the furniture in in the afternoon. It'll be great to have one room DONE. I'll still need to hang the curtains and finish the closet doors, but at least I can start using it. And I'm going to buy a bed frame! I've had my mattress on the floor for a year and a half. Middle-aged people should not sleep on the floor.

But I'm through for the night. Gonna feed the pets and go to bed, I mean couch.

2 comments:

VO said...

hahaha, I just looked for the thumbs up icon so I could say I liked the post.

You seem very industrious. What a great achievement.

Anonymous said...

sperigis: What ails middle-aged people when they sleep on the floor for too long!

Mary