Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Writing

Here's what I wrote yesterday. I didn't write first thing in the morning like we're supposed to. I did this at work.

Sleepy
Late night with a sick cat
Late night with a buzzy brain
Too bad, early morning anyway
Sitting here at work
Sleepy
Empty office beckons
I could go in there
shut the door, turn out the light
lay on the floor and get some sleep
Or sit here
facing the computer
pen in hand
but asleep
Who would know?

Then this-

We have that empty office that no one is using.
It's quiet and dark, just perfect for snoozing.

I also have some verses for a song about using that office in another way.

There's an adjustable chair
That rocks and turns
Or we could try the floor
Don't mind the rug burns

The desk is empty
And big as a bed
No, I'll bump the wall
With the top of my head.

I also have the beginnings of a song about Bernie, Jim's dad's bitch girlfriend. Ken told me the last time he visited them Bernie was talking crap about Lindsay. She's bent out of shape because Lindsay didn't introduce Kyle to her at Jim's farewell party. I do agree that she should have introduced Kyle to Bernie. It's not every day you get to meet the nastiest bitch on the planet, so that was a missed opportunity. I'd love to see how Kyle would draw her.

I did write some stuff this morning but it's way too personal to share here.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Considering I spent that day trying to avoid looking directly into Medus-- I mean... Bernie's gaze, it wouldn't have been especially easy to introduce me.

jghuu: A not-inappropriate reaction to Bernie.

Donita Curioso said...

Hey, it's Big Uvula Man!

Ooh, Medusa! I'm going to use that in the song! Or Gorgon or Harpy. Bandersnatch!

Heh! The next time we're with her (probably never again) we should all talk to her by looking at her reflection in a mirror.

Anonymous said...

I HOPE I never have to see her again! I'm about ready to punch her until she stops moving! GAHGHH!

Donita Curioso said...

Somehow I think you'd look cute doing it.

Punch her until she stops moving. I like that image. But it won't work. She'll live forever.

Anonymous said...

I'll just bet she's part cockroach!